News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

argentinosaurus by sean cooper

Started by reinier zwanink, August 08, 2015, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinier zwanink

While looking at urzeitshop.de something flash past my eyes that i didnt yet know
Turns out sean cooper made something new that only at urzeit and dan's
Its not even at his own webshop (2days ago)

And sinds it not even mentioned here it seems i wiil will have that honor

Argentinosaur

It a big thing but not like SS apato
But HE its a sauropode
Its a nice model that has a little retro feel to it
The rearing position still is someting i just cant get my head around
80 TONS ON 2 FEET

but still a great model to have

darth daniel

Wow what a beautiful model... :D If only such a figure (and of that size!) would exist in toyform! I´d prefer a walking position though. Looking forward to a proper coloration. :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Centrosaur86

Hi! really a beautiful model! Would you like to do me a favor and take a picture with the Papo Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus next to it? If you have one. Thanks!  :D :D

darth daniel

It just came to my mind that the figure looks somewhat familiar... Then I remembered THIS PICTURE. ;)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Neon-Allo

Awesome! The rearing position was probably added just to put some action into it, vs just a static position, although it's difficult to figure out how the creature could do that, haha :P

Centrosaur86

Hello best people! I have the pictures retrieved from my finished Argentinosaurus painted by Martin Garratt. The colors are my choice and he has bony bumps on his back as it belongs to a Titanosauria. The Argentinosaurus word now sent to my house. Then I make more pictures!  :)

Centrosaur86

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very cool, even if I don't agree with the pose. Martin can make any colors blend together as they would naturally. The osteoderms are a nice touch, as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Centrosaur86

A few extra photo,s of the Argentinosaurus! it is 42 cm hight and around 90 cm long. Really a beautiful model...

MLMjp

What a beauty!!!
It looks fantastic!!!

reinier zwanink

Yes it really is a nice model and a great asset to any sauropod collection

tyrantqueen

Beautiful model, but it seems kind of overpriced considering that's it's 1/38 in scale and not that much bigger than the Papo Brachiosaurus. Maybe it's just me, but Cooper's Diplo was only a little smaller but cost half as much. I promised myself I would stop buying expensive resin kits, even though it's sooo tempting.

MLMjp

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 28, 2015, 05:54:47 PM
Beautiful model, but it seems kind of overpriced considering that's it's 1/38 in scale and not that much bigger than the Papo Brachiosaurus. Maybe it's just me, but Cooper's Diplo was only a little smaller but cost half as much. I promised myself I would stop buying expensive resin kits, even though it's sooo tempting.
Maybe is not bigger high wise, but have you looked at his length? It´s about twice as long!

Dinomike

That is truly a beautiful model! A work of art!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Centrosaur86

The Argentinosaurus is clearly larger with more body mass than the papo Brachiosaurus.  :D As the picture, s here under better show.

postsaurischian

:D Awesome model, great job by Martin (of course)! Congratulations!
I love rearing sauropods. The Vitali Klatt Olorotitan looks great next to it. It seems very impressed :).
Still a bit expensive. I understand what tyrantqueen wrote. Costing more than twice as much as the Diplodocus seems overpriced.
But anyway ... it's special.

Centrosaur86

Thank you! It is an expensive model. But every dinosaur enthusiast must have one of these! I did not know that there was a Diplodocus by Sean Cooper.. Also a beautiful model!! i wil order the Diplodocus also..  :)) :))

Bokisaurus

Impressive figure for sure! Too bad it's way out of my price range these days :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: