You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A Good 1:30/1:35 Apatosaurus/Diplodocus?

Started by danmalcolm, June 02, 2017, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The few resinous dinosaurs I have, two eggs resemble the same resin factory of a titanosaur and one of a terizinosauri, and the two resin dinosaurs I have (styracosaurus, triceratops, velociraptor, ankylosaurus, pachycephalosaurus, dilophosaurus, apatosaurus, Stegosaurus, parasaurolophus and carnotaurus from Favorite) Breeding triceratops coming out of Rebor's egg, I have them in a tightly closed cupboard and I honestly have not bought those kind of figures because of their fragility.

Without going any further the dilophosaurus I wanted to teach relatives broke me into several pieces and then I was perfectly repaired by the restorer of the Museum of Natural Sciences and cost me the restoration more than the original dinosaur.

Honestly if you do not have space to put those figures in a showcase I do not recommend it. They are very nice, but then they are divided and their restoration is worth more than buying that figure again. Resin figurines are to have them in wide house and space, not in normal shelves, but in showcases as I indicated in the first paragraph. It is preferable in my case to buy cheaper figures whose only problems at the time of their fall are abrasions or scratches in the worst case. It goes without saying that the resin figures are obviously much better than PVC or vinyl, but they are very expensive and you have to take good

RobinGoodfellow

..as a collector I take care of all my figures, no matter if resin, vinyl or pvc (and they are all in glass cabinets )..  ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 04, 2017, 08:26:55 PM
..as a collector I take care of all my figures, no matter if resin, vinyl or pvc (and they are all in glass cabinets )..  ;)

It is that your Robin and a considerable group of collectors of the forum are exceptional and worthy of praise and admiration in every way both in the care of your figures, apart from arranged in families (which should be in the case of a collector Of luxury) as in the huge amount of dinosaur figures that you have.

But in my case I can only limit myself to certain figures unfortunately. Anyway, I admire you one hundred percent. Not all members of the forum can be as lucky as you and thanks to people like you in a distant future with a little luck these collections will be preserved for future generations, just as there are collections of vintage cars from the beginning of the century or Valuable stamps.  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.