News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Volcano!

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, July 27, 2017, 03:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

No, not this volcano...

I'm surprised we don't already have a thread on this, but I'm looking into seeing what toy volcanoes are out there. The only one I know of that looks decent is the one by Schleich

but I'm not quite sure about it. Would anyone happen to know of any others there are? I thought Marx would have made one but, they never had a volcano in their range. Of course I could make a volcano with foam and grout but I thought I'd see what options there are before I do that. I'm not exactly looking for a functional one, but rather something that would help to create a prehistoric atmosphere on the shelves.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some of the 90's bucket dinos had a pink volcano , there was also a bagged set with pink/red mini volcano  and a lake on a square.

a few various other toys had volcano action features.

you might try pet stores though, petsmart stores were carrying resin volcanoes for aquariums.

https://www.google.com/search?q=volcano+aquarium&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS701US701&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibh7C31qjVAhXDwiYKHeEHAwUQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974

BlueKrono

I had a set with a big volcano back in the early 90's. It had a big central caldera with a button in the center that made noise and a smaller secondary one on the side. It came with several small (1 inch) dinos in black, though I've seen the same molds in beige. Wish I had the company name; I recall seeing it in Dinosauriana at one point.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Playmobil made two different ones, they aren't as detailed as the Schleich by any means, but if you gave it a few coats of paint to vary the rock a little it would serve well enough.

Reptilia

I've seen the Schleich one in person and it is rather toy-ish. If you're looking for something even remotely realistic I suggest you to search elsewhere. Not to mention how overpriced it is.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Great idea, Blade! I'll stop by the aquarium decorations when I get to the pet store next time; I didn't even think about looking for landscape pieces in pet stores.

Playmobil looks okay, too but I'd prefer something a little less toyish.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.