News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Need Computer Geek Assistance

Started by Neosodon, September 11, 2017, 08:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

I am trying to make a large game board and I do not know what program to make it with.  Has anyone ever made any large posters or anything along those lines?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Neosodon on September 11, 2017, 08:54:00 PM
I am trying to make a large game board and I do not know what program to make it with.  Has anyone ever made any large posters or anything along those lines?

You could do it with photoshop, if it's for a personal project. (I could help you with that) If it's for a product you are selling, there's probably a better program for it.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

X

Adobe Photoshop would definitely work, although Microsoft Office Word may work as well (then again, I'm kinda pushing it there.)

Neosodon

Quote from: The Expeditioner's Discovery Guild (PainterRex) on September 12, 2017, 12:46:12 AM
Quote from: Neosodon on September 11, 2017, 08:54:00 PM

You could do it with photoshop, if it's for a personal project. (I could help you with that) If it's for a product you are selling, there's probably a better program for it.

Thank you for the offer. The only problem with Photoshop is that you can't actually buy it. You have to rent it. But I will resort to Photoshop if I have too. I'm not selling the game yet.  It's just for an improved prototype version.

Quote from: PangolinWizard on September 12, 2017, 01:31:15 AM
Adobe Photoshop would definitely work, although Microsoft Office Word may work as well (then again, I'm kinda pushing it there.)

The last version I made on word. When I took it in for printing the poster guy swore and said to never use word again. After 30 minutes of cussing he got it to print but it was in terrible resolution. So I don't think I'll try that again. Thanks for the suggestion though.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

I think a simple game board, even a rather large one, should be pretty easy to make in PowerPoint. I use PowerPoint for posters, and the only issues I've encountered are minor alignment errors when converting between Mac and PC.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Neosodon

Powerpoint is working quite well. Thanks for the suggestion Halichoeres.

PaleoMatt

Paint.NET is a free alternative to Photoshop thay I've used for years. By the way you have to type in getpaint.net to get to the site as otherwise you eill find a painting advertisement.

tyrantqueen

GIMP is free and open source and works similarly to PS. I've used it for years with no issues.

I imagine that you would need to invest some time in learning to use a new programme though, do not expect immediate results with something you have never used before (just trying to be realistic here) :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.