News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My New Safari Rex needs nasal surgery or something.

Started by PaleoMatt, August 31, 2017, 12:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 02, 2017, 09:28:32 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on September 02, 2017, 08:36:05 PM
P.S. I just had a thought, one good thing about them "adding" material to teeth, claws, spikes, etc. If it can be added it can be removed so if you are a half decent model maker you could doctor them to be more realistic and less of a toy. I know that isn't for everyone but it is an option for some and that ties back to the nostril issue.

Well, it was not only an option, but an requirement for me, I did that the day the figure arrived.

I guessed the original models weren't that blunted (seeing your other original sculpts in the other thread), the stubby claws on the Psittacosaurus are a special pain in my opinion. Is this a somewhat special requirement for Safari as it is an US based company? Because Papo or CollectA models (which I guess are also sold in the US) seem to have much "sharper" detailing in this regard?

I have pointed out (no pun intended) the sharpness of teeth etc on Papo with Safari Ltd and they say they can't control what other companies do but that these are the regulations they operate under. As I have mentioned they are a very family conscious company and you may not know they are not a big corporation they are still family owned and operated. Can't speak to CollectA since I have never seen one in the flesh.