News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Do You Want to See?

Started by Balaur, July 12, 2012, 04:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

And he'd stand by that, high and mighty and proud, haha.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Ammonites seem to be under represented. I'd like to see a documentary with creatures such as Dactylioceras commune, Hamites maximus, and Hamites planohamites.
Another thing that would make a good part in a documentary is the absence of roaring dinosaurs. From what I read, dinosaurs didn't communicate with sound (with the exception of lambeosaurines).
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Metallisuchus

I'd certainly imagine a Microraptor would communicate with sound.

Balaur

Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 04, 2012, 06:56:42 AM

Depends on how big that part of communication in the brain is (sorry I'm not a neurologist, so I don't know what its name is)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 04, 2012, 06:56:42 AM
It is possible that since they had many birdlike characteristics, deinonychosaurs could make sounds, but I'm not sure.
I know we have enough of them, but I feel its time for another "Jurassic Giants" theme documentary. Kimmergian/Tithonian stage Africa would be something new.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 01, 2012, 11:18:09 PM
Ammonites seem to be under represented. I'd like to see a documentary with creatures such as Dactylioceras commune, Hamites maximus, and Hamites planohamites.
Another thing that would make a good part in a documentary is the absence of roaring dinosaurs. From what I read, dinosaurs didn't communicate with sound (with the exception of lambeosaurines).

I would be interested in knowing where you read that if you can remember. Most animals communicate with sound, even animals that we normally think of as non-vocal (such as fish) produce a sound of some sort or other. Dinosaurs seem to have been social animals so sound so even if they produced sounds in a different manner from birds or crocodiles they may have had some other method to do so. I certainly could see the more bird-like dinosaurs producing sounds, perhaps in a similar way to birds. They probably couldn't roar but something like the bellow of an alligator or squawk of a heron would certainly sound impressive coming from a Tyrannosaurus or Deinonychus.

amargasaurus cazaui

Sound also comes in many types. Think it was WWD where the male sauropod stomped the ground to create vibrations to court the female. (Hope I said that correctly) I also cannot imagine a smaller dinosaur hearing a Tyrannosaurs massive footfalls, not relocating to a more suitable location to avoid becoming a dinosaur repast.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.