News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptors "Gunn" and "Rose"

Started by joossa, April 24, 2017, 03:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Hi Mike:

I have already made the purchase of the two velociraptor Gunn and Rose, my greatest wish is that they come as soon as possible, although I am convinced that I will not have them at my home until after the Christmas holidays.

On the other hand, I beg you not to make a mistake with the shipping address, that is, province, Postal code, which I have clearly stated to you.

I am very excited that these two figures will add to my collection  :)

Papi-Anon

Okay, just found out about this line. Have a few questions:

1) What material are these made from?

2) How fragile are they usually?
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Papi-Anon on December 28, 2017, 02:34:37 AM

Some of these dinosaurs are made of PVC, ie non-breakable material such as carnotaurus, yutyrannus, tyrannosaurus rex, dead triceratops, velociraptor (different versions), dinosaur eggs, dimorphodon, acrocanthosaurus among others. That all with articulated jaws except the triceratops dead, stegosaurus breeding and triceratops breeding and many of them with articulated and removable arms (examples carnotaurus, deinonychus, velociraptor "different versions.) Its material is durable but that itself is obviously exposed to abrasions if suffers falls like other figures of other plastic or PVC dinosaur companies.

Others are made of resin and in limited editions such as the triceratops breeding coming out of the egg, tyrannosaurus breeding coming out of the egg, velociraptor (three figures) hatchlings coming out of the egg. Their material is one hundred percent breakable because with that they have a single fall those figures are broken. Your fragile material.

I hope to solve your doubts.

Cephalopod

Quote from: Papi-Anon on December 28, 2017, 02:34:37 AM

2 depends on What you want to do with it. If you want tk use them as a frisbee dont do it! Hahaah Just kidding. I mainly collect the pvc ones. I can be a little clumsey haha
Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

Shonisaurus

The velociraptor Gunn and Rose to give two examples are non-breakable PVC material with articulated arms and jaws.

I have ordered it from Everythingdinosaur and it still has not arrived but I do not regret having bought it. I am fascinated by her put and her colors both the pale white color of Rose and the most colorful and alive of  Gunn

Papi-Anon

Thanks, everyone! I'll have to grab Gunn and Rose once I've scrounged up the extra cash.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Reptilia

Jurassic Collectables says the crouching pose is taken from the JP3 scene where the raptors try to get Tea Leoni when she's hanging from the branch. I went back to that scene and the raptors seem to simply jump up at her without crouching at all. I thought that guy was knowledgeable about JP movies, but he's not. Anyway beautiful models, possibly the best of the series, I just wish I was able to tweak figures to slightly reposition the male. And maybe put some quills on the back of its head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfIMfsFc_Ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMB7_9MSegs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTLjOAdckzM

Blade-of-the-Moon

He might have just scanned through it or tried to remember,  for a second both are shown together there, but yeah I cant recall any crouching scenes.   

I figure with Rebor's penchant for JP Raptors we'll get these in other poses later.  So  I would just wait, get one or the other and hold off.

Reptilia

I'm afraid this will be the only sculpt with the JP3 colours, the remaining ones should be the running version in TLW style and then the rest of the JW raptor squad.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't think they would miss a chance to make more money.  Just look at how many of those baby raptors they made in all different colors..

Reptilia

The baby raptors set was a one off, they released them all together. As for the adult versions they can't milk the concept endlessly, there are already six in the series with likely three more to come. Plus they said that these colour schemes are quite expensive to produce, they're not even sure if there will be further production runs of these two. But that said, you never know with Rebor.

Dino Scream3232

Just received both them yesterday. They were a late Xmas/ early birthday present from the wife. I have to say I'm really impressed with them. The paint is beautiful. They used translucent teeth for the top jaw finally. They look great next to the Rebor theropod next (even though the eggs are big and the female would've exploded if she layed them lol). My only complaint is that the jaws are EXTREMELY tight. So tight that they almost go back to close after a few minutes. Overall these are my favorite from this series especially Rose.

Reptilia

Quote from: apatosaurus3232 on January 17, 2018, 08:06:02 PM
They look great next to the Rebor theropod next (even though the eggs are big and the female would've exploded if she layed them lol).

I thought they were somehow in scale, I was planning to pair the nest with the raptors ever since "Stan" and "Winston" were released, to make a JP novel diorama with the nest, the baby and the adult. A comparison picture with "Rose" and the nest would be great though. And beautiful shots with the snowy background.

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: Reptilia on January 17, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
Quote from: apatosaurus3232 on January 17, 2018, 08:06:02 PM
They look great next to the Rebor theropod next (even though the eggs are big and the female would've exploded if she layed them lol).

I thought they were somehow in scale, I was planning to pair the nest with the raptors ever since "Stan" and "Winston" were released, to make a JP novel diorama with the nest, the baby and the adult. A comparison picture with "Rose" and the nest would be great though. And beautiful shots with the snowy background.

Here you go. When compared to the movie scene these eggs are way too big. But it does make a nice diorama.

Reptilia

Thank you! Seeing her with the egg in mouth I totally agree. Now my fussiness suggests me to pass on the nest.

The Atroxious

Not a huge fan of Rebor's style but I'm really liking the colors used for these, especially on the heads. The drastic difference between the colors and patterns on Rebor's 'raptors seems somewhat improbable for members of the same species but it's not so bad if you think of them as domesticated animals displaying color morphs as a result of breeding. Mostly though, I adore the eyes. Round pupils are such a big plus for me, and the eye color (combined with the eyelid color on the grey) is beautifully striking. Me gusta.

Reptilia

Quote from: The Atroxious on January 18, 2018, 01:40:12 AM
The drastic difference between the colors and patterns on JP raptors seems somewhat improbable for members of the same species but it's not so bad if you think of them as domesticated animals displaying color morphs as a result of breeding.

Fixed.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.