News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings!

Started by ricbrig, October 06, 2017, 10:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricbrig

Hi everybody,
I discovered dinotoyblog during the summer, after my three years old started being interested in pterosaurs and thus revamped my old passion for giant reptiles. I have to say that I got disconnected with the advances in research of the past 20 years or so and, being a researcher myself, I was amazed about the progress in the knowledge of dinosaurs. I went back to my old books of dinosaurs and I found one dated 1984 in which:
-Among the most accredited theories for dinosaur extinction it was mentioned that dinosauria was becoming old as clade with impoverished DNA.
-There were two arms of a mystery dinosaur called Deinocheirus. It was with very little doubt the biggest predator ever lived.

Things have changed since then :)
So after revamping the passion for the science, it was only natural to start collecting some figures. Things have changed in the field as well. My best dinosaur toy as a kid was the Dor Mei T.Rex that you recently reviewed, when I bought the first figure I understood that I was really living in a bubble!
As I am a scale modeller the next step will be spending a fair amount of money in resin kits!

So, greetings to everybody and thank you for the great reviews although my wallet is in peril!

Ric

Uncle Rex

Welcome, Ric. You'll enjoy your time here.

Libraraptor

Interesting to see how you found us! Hello and welcome to the forum!

BlueKrono

Ric - Hang onto that wallet! You're down the rabbithole this time for sure.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us!  8)

Jose S.M.

Welcome! Last couple years have been great for started collecting, well in terms of increments on figures and accuracy, but not safe for our wallets! I hope you enjoy the forum.

Bowhead Whale

Hello from French Canada!

Lanthanotus

Welcome to the forum... the books you describe sound like something I read too back in the days :D .... if you are into scale modelling I recommend having a look in this thread.

ZoPteryx

Welcome to the forum, Ric!  :)

Everything_Dinosaur

Welcome to the Dinosaur Toy Forum, look forward to hearing more from you.