You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Majungasaurus RESIN Figure from China (!)

Started by Simon, September 28, 2017, 08:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Well, according to Monster House HK, Mr Cheung Chung Tat is about to strike again!

Get THIS:

Simon

Here is what the announcement says (note that it is not available yet):

"Vitae 凹齒瑪君龍 coming soon!

Limited Collector's Edition: 500set

Production of plastic toy version is not planned to launch.

Body and Base material: PU resin

Proportion: 1: 35

Length and High: 28cm and 7cm

The price and delivery date are announced later.

Majungasaurus is a genus of abelisaurid theropod dinosaur that lived in Madagascar from 70 to 66 million years ago, at the end of the Cretaceous Period.

Like other abelisaurids, Majungasaurus was a bipedal predator with a short snout. Although the forelimbs are not completely known, they were very short, while the hind limbs were longer and very stocky. It can be distinguished from other abelisaurids by its wider skull, the very rough texture and thickened bone on the top of its snout, and the single rounded horn on the roof of its skull, which was originally mistaken for the dome of a pachycephalosaur. It also had more teeth in both upper and lower jaws than most abelisaurids.

Known from several well-preserved skulls and abundant skeletal material, Majungasaurus has recently become one of the best-studied theropod dinosaurs from the Southern Hemisphere. It appears to be most closely related to abelisaurids from India rather than South America or continental Africa, a fact that has important biogeographical implications. Majungasaurus was the apex predator in its ecosystem, mainly preying on sauropods like Rapetosaurus, and is also one of the few dinosaurs for which there is direct evidence of cannibalism."

Simon

Mr Cheung Chung Tat's Facebook page, where you can see many of his resin and broze sculpts, is HERE:  https://www.facebook.com/dinosoarstudio/

KeU

sauroid

i'm assuming that Vitae is owned by Cheung Chung Tat himself?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Quote from: sauroid on September 28, 2017, 10:42:56 PM
i'm assuming that Vitae is owned by Cheung Chung Tat himself?

Don't know, as I don't read Chinese.  One of the members who speaks Chinese ought to peruse his site and fill us in on the details....anyone?

Simon

I was just thinking - what a bizarre looking theropod Majungasaurus was - it looked like a sausage with a mouth and legs.  I find its length, juxtaposed with the short legs, even funnier to look at than the degenerated backward-pointing arms!

Reptilia

Thought something very similar. But was the tail that long or it's a bit exaggerated in this particular depiction?

acro-man

I read Chinese, but I don't have access to facebook ::)

As far as I know, Vitae should be owned (at least initiated) by Cheung.
Before Vitae, Cheung runs a small studio called Dino-Soar.
It is said Dino-Soar Studio, PNSO and Dinone Studio artists share the same latest research results from the world's paleontology studies together.
So basically there's not much doubt about scientific accurary, it's their personal styles that make their sculpts distinct.
Furthermore, Zhao's sculpts are handmade, while Cheung's are 3D printed, that's why you see different texturing.

Since there are multiple products coming in the Vitae line, why won't we open a new thread called the Vitae general discussion?

Simon interested?
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Simon

Quote from: acro-man on September 29, 2017, 12:32:40 PM

It is said Dino-Soar Studio, PNSO and Dinone Studio artists share the same latest research results from the world's paleontology studies together.
So basically there's not much doubt about scientific accurary, it's their personal styles that make their sculpts distinct.
Furthermore, Zhao's sculpts are handmade, while Cheung's are 3D printed, that's why you see different texturing.

Since there are multiple products coming in the Vitae line, why won't we open a new thread called the Vitae general discussion?

Simon interested?

Acro-man:  Sounds like a great idea.  Do you know what other products are coming besides these two theropods?

Huskies

Majungasaurus is a weird dinosaur, same as all other dinosaurs in abelisausidae family. As Simon said about looking like a sausage, may be they are the dinosaur version of weiner dogs  :)) :)).

terrorchicken

I love the abelisaur family, carnotaurus has always been my favorite dinosaur. I love their lithe bodies & how their front limbs have become vestigial, much like in terrorbirds. I wonder if we'll discover a species in the future who's lost its front limbs completely? that would be something.

acro-man

Quote from: Simon on September 29, 2017, 04:42:52 PM
Acro-man:  Sounds like a great idea.  Do you know what other products are coming besides these two theropods?

Simon: Sorry buddy, I don't know what they are planning to release, I only know that they are about to release some, like 3-4 more figures.
And they tend to put their news on FB first.
So if you have access to FB you have better quicker source than I do.
Try search for Vitae or Dino-Soar studio on FB if there's any.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

sauroid

Cheung Chung Tat is an FB friend but since ive been too lazy to browse through the newsfeed lately im sorta out of touch re: updates/news.

btw, China might become the main major source of prehistoric figures and toys (non-chinasaur quality) in the years to come.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Simon on September 29, 2017, 04:42:52 PM
Quote from: acro-man on September 29, 2017, 12:32:40 PM

Simon interested?

An unpainted Sinraptor sculpt was revealed on FB recently.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Sigmasaurus

Why does this give me Rebor/Papo vibes? Detail maybe?

Flaffy

Price confirmed for majungasaurus, Retail Price: 298CNY (around 45USD)
Pre-order link (from MonsterhouseHK, expect a huge mark up): http://www.monsterhousehk.com/products.asp?id=1560
According to Vitae: "If do not have a wholesale agent in your country, when you can send a message to us for retail.
But need to wait to November that we are ready for shipping."

Also, new unpainted Sinraptor preview

Halichoeres

I'm not seeing the Sinraptor prototype; can somebody share a link?

This is a great Majungasaurus, but I'd rather have had a PVC one to be honest.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2017, 10:36:48 PM
This is a great Majungasaurus, but I'd rather have had a PVC one to be honest.

Same here,... I wondered why it's more expensive than the Giga despite being smaller and without articulation, didn't see it's made from resin. Shame, I rather have figures that can endure some handling and an occasional fall (my young son frequently handels my figures too).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.