News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Custom Tamiya Triceratops

Started by Brolyss4, November 20, 2017, 06:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brolyss4

Hi Everyone.

I´ve had this model for about 10 years and I wasn´t able to start it until recently. This is a 1994 model kit, so it is a bit inaccurate in terms of anatomy, so I added lots of details with epoxy putty, I corrected the horns position, added queratin scales and bumps in the face, crest and body, I resculpted the back and hips.

Photos of customization progress can be seen in www.facebook.com/ArquimiaModels in the respective triceratops album.

What do you think?

Joey

Simon

Almost didn't recognize it as the Tamiya kit - this is the best build-up of that fine kit that I have ever seen.  BRAVO!  ;D ;D

Joey

Honestly, and i'm being completely honest, It looks like it is of a better quality and overall look than a lot of Sideshow peices.

ceratopsian

Brolyss4

Thank you guys.

Quote from: Simon on November 20, 2017, 07:17:57 AM
Almost didn't recognize it as the Tamiya kit - this is the best build-up of that fine kit that I have ever seen.  BRAVO!  ;D ;D

Yeah I am very happy about how it turned out, this is a great kit, a little modelling love and it really seems like a different model. Thank you

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 20, 2017, 07:21:23 AM
Honestly, and i'm being completely honest, It looks like it is of a better quality and overall look than a lot of Sideshow peices.

You think so? Really? Wow, I'm flattered, thank you very much for your kind words. I love sideshow dinosauria line so much. Although I don't have any, sideshow do not send to my country and taxes are high.

Jose S.M.

It looks gorgeous! The color squeme is very nice.

Halichoeres

Well done! The little touches--scales, toes, etc.--that you added really make it shine.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

danmalcolm

PhilSauria

Great job. Not familiar with this kit but I'll search it out, never tire of adding new Triceratops figures to the herd. What you have done certainly kicks this one up to a new level.

Georassic

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.