You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A

Which Prehistoric animals should I make?

Started by A. fragilis, October 31, 2017, 08:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A. fragilis

I was reading and planning to create my own company.
Gives me some ideas on which creatures I should make and let me know.

BlueKrono

You're gonna get some very biased responses, especially from me. Andrewsarchus and Gerrothorax! 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reptilia

Any gorgonopsid and terror bird, plus the classic ones of course.

thelordsgym

I would have to say Elasmotherium, and Synthetoceros. Mostly because both of them are under-represented by companies. An Irish Elk aka Megaloceros would also be nice.

Halichoeres

Cotylorhynchus, but I'm not holding my breath.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

Uhhhmmm I'm gonna say Nanuqsaurus for no specific reason.

Justin_

A. fragilis

Quote from: Justin_ on November 01, 2017, 08:39:14 PM
Can we see what you have made already?
I have not made any already. Which materials should I use?
I will create T. rex, Triceratops, Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Spinosaurus, Velociraptor, Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Iguanodon, Deinonychus, and other classic animals. Which classic animals am I forgetting other than Mammuthus, Coelodonta, and Smilodon and Dimetrodon and which obscure genera should I create?

Bowhead Whale

A. atokensis

Hi, I am back but under a different username. I will use sketchup to create these models. And I will also do an updated Dinosaur Train line and my brand will be known as Paleo Designer, my user. I will also do the following models:
Acrocanthosaurus atokensis
Kosmoceratops richardsoni
Dimetrodon limbatus
Xenacanthus type species
Tyrannotitan chubutensis
Yutyrannus huali
Plateosaurus engelhardti
Dimorphodon macronyx
Thalassodromeus sethi
Castorocauda lutrasimilis

What did Jetoar use to create his models?

Shonisaurus

Honestly of your dark figures the ones that interest me the most are the following:

Honestly I am fascinated by the kosmoceratops I have the figure of Jetoar primarily sculpted and it would be wise to make another figure with those characteristics.

On the other hand thalssodromeus sethi is one of my favorite figures in fact I keep the newspaper clipping where they reported that exceptional find.

As regards the castorocauda and that I have seen that this prehistoric mammal was very much in demand in the forum, I honestly had no knowledge of that animal and moreover I did not know it was from the Jurassic period, which is welcome on my part.

I also wanted to ask you if the figures are going to be PVC, resin or vinyl.

A. atokensis

I want to be Jetoar's American counterpart. I will use the same material he used.

sauroid

are there any samples of your sculpts that you have posted in DTF already?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Quote from: A. atokensis on November 16, 2017, 10:04:21 PM
I want to be Jetoar's American counterpart. I will use the same material he used.

I use to sculpt Epoxy putty and resin to cast  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

A. atokensis

Quote from: Jetoar on November 17, 2017, 11:26:22 AM
Quote from: A. atokensis on November 16, 2017, 10:04:21 PM

I use to sculpt Epoxy putty and resin to cast  ^-^.
I will probably use Skethup and a 3d printer.

Justin_

Three weeks ago you said you had never made any dinosaur figures. As you were asking what you should make them from I'm guessing you probably haven't sculpted anything. I think you're trying to run before you can walk, but good luck to you.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.