News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blind bag Morbi figures from Italy

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, February 08, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I looked in the search function for an existing thread for these little menaces, and found nothing to speak of....Dejankins is offering a small selection of them from his store and they are....somewhat amusing?
Apparently they come in blind bags in Italy, appear in several colors with various rarity levels, as well as multiple models, that differ in rarity as well.
Not for some, but amusing anyways

http://www.dejankins.com/morbidinos
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

CityRaptor

Predators/saurs, Dinofroz, Dyno Fighters, Planet Saurus, these guys...Italians for sure love their blind bag figures.  Kinda looks like the T.rex is wearing a necklace.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 08, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
Predators/saurs, Dinofroz, Dyno Fighters, Planet Saurus, these guys...Italians for sure love their blind bag figures.
I'm italian.
It's more a child thing.
Blind bags are sold at newsstands or kiosks near primary schools..  :))

Roselaar

Never saw these before. I'm not much for this cartoony style, but there's some interesting species.

Has Stegoceras ever been done before?

Shonisaurus

They are cute and funny representations of the dinosaurs in the form of a caricature. They are toys for very nice little children.  :)

In my country they are also launching in the kiosks a collection of fascicles of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals dedicated to the youngest members of the family.  :D

I pass a link are planet agostini and are great for children to play and boost intelligence.  :)

https://www.planetadeagostini.es/infantil/mundo-de-los-dinosaurios?gclid=Cj0KCQiAh_DTBRCTARIsABlT9MaT-ihpbvaRe9NTaHk0V3WUHd8or_3W464VQEEUYE1vCY7WniAWQyIaAoI3EALw_wcB

eye! It does not come in Spanish, but the images say it explains everything.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on February 08, 2018, 09:45:28 PM
Never saw these before. I'm not much for this cartoony style, but there's some interesting species.

I don't know any other Stegoceras off the top of my head, which is a pity, because I think it's the most completely known pachycephalosaur. I might be wrong about its uniqueness, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 08, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
Predators/saurs, Dinofroz, Dyno Fighters, Planet Saurus, these guys...Italians for sure love their blind bag figures.  Kinda looks like the T.rex is wearing a necklace.

It's funny how many sets of small figures Italy produces...and they're all kind of weird or stylized! And not just dinosaurs (at least not since the Panini days...)

Would still like to get my hands on the DeAgostini River Monsters though...but I just can't pay that much for them if I could find them.

Quote from: Roselaar on February 08, 2018, 09:45:28 PM

There's one from Shapeways:

Not sure of any others...

Roselaar

Since I vowed I wouldn't add any Shapeways any more, I'll add this Morbi Stegoceras instead. :)

RobinGoodfellow

..some more info about Morbi Dinos..

They are not new figures.
The Morbi Dinos line is a vintage range of rubber prehistoric figures made by GIG from 1991 to 1993 in Italy.
They were sold with playing cards for kids.

During '90 the company named GIG was extremely well known in Italy for their toys.
I don't know if GIG is yet in the business nowadays..

On Ebay Italy:

https://www.ebay.it/sch/sis.html?_nkw=MORBIDINOS%20GLI%20ALLEGRI%20DINOSAURI%20GIG%20NEW&_itemId=262945418144

:)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.