News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Need help finding....

Started by Lanthanotus, January 22, 2018, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hello community,

forum member UK recently posted images of some very nice (and presumably rare) Brumm metal figures (link to picture).

I was trying to lure out some of those figures from the depth of the internet and presumed there's a lot of metal figure collectors, but it seems there's just "Ü-Ei" collectors out there (those had a great variety of metal figures back in the days). So having searched the net for the obvious terms (Brumm, metal, tin, figure, vintage, etc. in all varying combinations) the best I came up with were some Brumm automobiles (from more recent years than those dinosaurs date) and those links were dead ends unfortunately.

So, if anyone has a link or advice whom to contact (person, community, club) or terms to search more properly.... or if you got something to offer (as I found no info I as of yet got no clues of prices/values), please shoot :)

Thanks in advance.

Lanthanotus

Thanks Robin, that really helps. Though I rarely buy from the US cause of the insane shippings prices (and possibles taxes) I'll keep an eye out at demarxo. Had heard this name here and there on the forum, but never checked out the store.

Anyone any advice for a German or European site? It seems weird to have non traceable in Germany, but maybe it's the same as with some of those Technofix sets, that are "easiyl" available in the US, but very rarely in Europe....

UK

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 22, 2018, 12:03:09 PM
Hello community,

forum member UK recently posted images of some very nice (and presumably rare) Brumm metal figures (link to picture).

I was trying to lure out some of those figures from the depth of the internet and presumed there's a lot of metal figure collectors, but it seems there's just "Ü-Ei" collectors out there (those had a great variety of metal figures back in the days). So having searched the net for the obvious terms (Brumm, metal, tin, figure, vintage, etc. in all varying combinations) the best I came up with were some Brumm automobiles (from more recent years than those dinosaurs date) and those links were dead ends unfortunately.

So, if anyone has a link or advice whom to contact (person, community, club) or terms to search more properly.... or if you got something to offer (as I found no info I as of yet got no clues of prices/values), please shoot :)

Thanks in advance.

I no longer own my Brumms but still have the flats in my thread. I had the complete set but let them go to a dedicated collector. I attach an image of a complete brumm set and also the associated and very rare poster. I still have some spares which we could trade may be. The image is of a folded version but mine are rolled.

Your well placed to,find the pewter flats as most came from Germany.

Good luck.

Mounted figures

Poster

stegosauria

That was a really unique and nice collection. When were these figures produced? When you get them you will write a review about them?

BlueKrono

Yes, he's got at least three of them listed right now.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Lanthanotus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 24, 2018, 09:58:25 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 22, 2018, 01:14:31 PM
Though I rarely buy from the US cause of the insane shippings prices (and possibles taxes) I'll keep an eye out at demarxo.

..I know...but:  :-[

[...]

Hi and thanks for the links, Robin :), I'll sure keep an eye out on those, and may it just be to get an estimate on the price. With combined shipping it would also be an option. I heard alot of demarxo but never really searched him up... however, I still seem not to be able to get behind the logic of ebay search. I frequently search for several kind of brands or species, on national and worldwide ebay, however, for example starlux figures (or at least the bigger bunch of them) are only shown up if I visit ebay.fr, despite them being labelled correctly and me typing correctly... same for other things.

UK

Try zinnfiguren dinosaurier or brumm dinosaurier on your native eBay.de.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 25, 2018, 08:30:01 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 24, 2018, 09:58:25 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 22, 2018, 01:14:31 PM
Though I rarely buy from the US cause of the insane shippings prices (and possibles taxes) I'll keep an eye out at demarxo.

..I know...but:  :-[

[...]

I think this is a problem on eBay's end. Even if sellers make their listings available in other countries, I sometimes only see them if I search on the countries they're listed in. At various times when I've been looking for things I've gone to ebay.au, ebay.fr, ebay.fr, ebay.de, and ebay.co.uk. It can be pretty annoying.

Hi and thanks for the links, Robin :), I'll sure keep an eye out on those, and may it just be to get an estimate on the price. With combined shipping it would also be an option. I heard alot of demarxo but never really searched him up... however, I still seem not to be able to get behind the logic of ebay search. I frequently search for several kind of brands or species, on national and worldwide ebay, however, for example starlux figures (or at least the bigger bunch of them) are only shown up if I visit ebay.fr, despite them being labelled correctly and me typing correctly... same for other things.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures