You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Unknown Carnegie Dino Collection Display Stand

Started by Trexvscarno, July 20, 2017, 06:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trexvscarno

So I was wondering about my Carnegie dinosaur collection if it's the only stand and if it is rare it's green unlike most tan display stands.  My grandma got it for me at the actual Carnegie natural history museum because she worked there.  Any information about this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Here is the picture:https://instagram.com/p/BWxvQ3ElFzq/
If the link doesn't work just look up dinosaurnationelitee in Instagram I'm not sure how to put pictures on the forums yet

Roselaar

Doesn't look like discoloration. Production error? repaint? Or simply a previously unknown variant?

Pachyrhinosaurus

At one point Safari Ltd produced different colored mountains for different lines. The sealife figures had a blue mountain but it looks like your dinosaurs were originally stuck on. It could have been a special request from the shop to have a blue/green mountain instead of the default color or perhaps the mountain was for a different line (hence no sticker at the bottom) and the dinosaurs were put on later.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

amargasaurus cazaui

The dinosaurs themselves are not all correct or how the mountain came..and there are no nametags...no labels nor a bracket for pamphlets I can see at least. Form that all suggests it was either repainted or repurposed from another line

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

the Monterey Bay Mountain looked like a blue/white iceberg : http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8094/2150/1600/marine%20display.0.jpg

I think Hidden Kingdom had a green one but i cant recall what it looked like.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Trexvscarno on July 20, 2017, 06:46:57 PM
So I was wondering about my Carnegie dinosaur collection if it's the only stand and if it is rare it's green unlike most tan display stands.  My grandma got it for me at the actual Carnegie natural history museum because she worked there.  Any information about this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Here is the picture:https://instagram.com/p/BWxvQ3ElFzq/
If the link doesn't work just look up dinosaurnationelitee in Instagram I'm not sure how to put pictures on the forums yet

Oh man my image whoas continue, first I lose all my images to Photobucket and now I can't get into my Postimage account. I give up. I was going to download images of all the Safari Mountains from my 2003 catalogue. You could order six different mountains with six different product codes. The Green one that you have was for the discontinued Vanishing Wild series. The Carnegie one was a tan colour, Monterey Bay was blue and there were three Wild Safari mountains but they were all the same colour a light tan (appears lighter than the Carnegie). Each different mountain in the catalogue at least had a name plate on the lower front in the center designating the series.

Edit: Okay finally got into Post image here are all the mountains available from Safari Ltd in 2003 again the green one is Vanishing Wild. I just noticed that the Monterey Bay mountain is a separate sculpt all the others are from the same mould.

Doug Watson

I just had a quick look through my other catalogues and it seems 2013 was the last year of the mountain. Between 2003 and 2013 at least the green mountain was shared with several of the other series and eventually a generic white one was introduced for all of the series except for the Wild Safari Farm which kept the green one. In 2011 the Monterey Series got a blue version of the generic Safari Ltd mountain replacing the original Monterey version. So there you go as clear as mud it would probably depend on what year your grandma got it for you. ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.