You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Anyone want to take a stab at ID'ing this turtle?

Started by Chad, February 22, 2018, 02:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

The Ankylosaurid is a Saichania so we're looking at a late Cretaceous Mongolian turtle in the Nemegt formation. My google-fu is pretty weak so I was only able to find a couple of genus names but no accompanying illustrations. Probably this is just "generic turtle" but thought I'd throw this out there just in case.

--Chad

postsaurischian

Halichoeres

I've since become aware of some turtles from the Nemegt or contemporaneous formations that this could plausibly be: Nanhsiungchelys and Zangerlia. It's possible that the Sega figure wasn't designed with any particular turtle in mind, but those are the best things I can come up with, the other Nemegt turtles mostly being trionychids, which this doesn't resemble at all.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Chad

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.