News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dryosaurus Questions

Started by Loon, March 23, 2018, 07:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I've been doing a bit of research in preparation for a Dryosaurus reconstruction, but I am lacking some information. Does anyone know where I can find some good information on: muscles (cheek/jaws in particular), guts/organs, and skin/integument. If not for Dryosaurus exactly, then maybe close relatives would work. I've looked over several sources and am having a hard time, so any help would be very much appreciated.

irimali

Ooh!  I sculpted a Dryosaurus a couple months ago and had the same problem.  The closest relative I could find a muscle study for was Camptosaurus.  It's in Greg Paul's Dinosaur Field Guide.  The closest relative with skin impressions was Iguanodon.

Halichoeres

This paper reconstructs the jaw adductors of Dryosaurus. It doesn't tell you the full extent of the cheeks or anything, but it's a start:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/ar.23306
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Thanks irimali and Halichoeres! I'll have to look into those iguanodon skin impressions.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.