News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric/Future Globe Models?

Started by Papi-Anon, April 29, 2018, 03:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papi-Anon

I've seen plenty of maps of Earth during various eras in prehistory, as well as speculative maps of future continents...

But...

Are there any GLOBE models of different eras or Earth's history/future? I've seen one with prehistoric megafauna at the locations they're found at, but do any exist like modern-day globes (smooth or elevation-textured) but of things like the Jurassic or Oligocene Earth continental layouts?
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Halichoeres

That would be so cool! I've never seen anything like it myself, but what a great idea.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mini Minmi

The only one I found was this one: https://www.globes-and-maps.com/globes/stellanova-dinoz-kidsglobe-8815911-prehistoric-world/p,12926#tab_bar_0_select

Was that the one you saw as well? It has animals on it but I think the continents are not in their modern position (hard to tell from the picture on my iPod, sorry).

You got me curious though so I'll keep searching a bit.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.