You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park Anniversary T. rex by ThinkGeek

Started by Shuvuuia, June 25, 2018, 04:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shuvuuia

I'm actually kicking myself for not picking this up when I saw it. It looks really great in person. Details are super clean and the paint job on the model I saw in person was very crisp.

Details

Plastic figure with iron (apparently for structural support)

4 1/2" tall, 12" long, and 3" wide

$59.99

Available on the ThinkGeek website and in ThinkGeek stores

Images from ThinkGeek website.

Simon

As someone said when I first posted photos of PNSO "TRex Wilson" here on the DTF:

"OK.  I'll admit it.  Its dope."  ;D

I just ordered one, then added the 4-Jurassic Park drink coasters set. It sure looks A-OK, and not too big display-wise.  Love the JP base.  Great memento of the original movie.

Lanthanotus

I admit, my initial thought was "Just what the world needs,... another (JP styled) T. rex..."

... then however, if people still enjoy the x-th reincarnation of that, who am I to judge it?!

Pachyrhinosaurus

It seems to be a much more budget-friendly version of the Chronicle Breakout rex. Not bad at all, I might just pick one up. The JP rex might be overdone but we don't have many official sculpts that aren't jointed action figures.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Simon

Here's a link with MUCHO great photos:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/04/23/thinkgeek-exclusive-jurassic-park-tyrannosaurus-rex-statue-chronicle-toyark-photo-shoot-297534

Mine will be arriving next week  ;)

I always wanted to have just ONE really nice, inexpensive, Jurassic Park collectible as a memento of the series - and now I'm gonna have one.  Will pose him with TREX "Wilson" for comparison - stay tuned!

Simon

Simon

Here are some comparison shots of this beautimous JP TRex statue with "Wilson" and "Doyle" ... enjoy!  ;)

https://s19.postimg.cc/n2fjzmboj/DSCF0471.jpg

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.