News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BEAST WARS IS BACK!!!

Started by suspsy, September 23, 2020, 07:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

avatar_suspsy @suspsy , agreed. 'Just meant that for his price point, masterpiece megs should not have all those joint problems and plastic that shatters easily.  This voyager is definitely a better alternative, unless as you mentioned, the goal of the collector was to get something that looks exactly like the OG CGI Megs.

And another point of agreement, I think there will be blood if the updated Dinobot has feathers. I think it'll be healthier for us to have separate compartments in our hearts for true velociraptors, and the naked sarcastic transforming ones.

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02  thanks for sharing that list - now I'm really curious what pterosaur "Wingfinger" will turn out to be.  A 20USD deluxe though...  with some other classic names I'm more interested in... and the pandemic having a tight grip on my wallet.... ugh...

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 26, 2020, 05:34:03 AM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy , agreed. 'Just ...A 20USD deluxe though...

Apparently deluxes are going to be $22 now.

Also, I thought Megatron was a leader?

ITdactyl

Quote from: Loon on September 26, 2020, 05:40:17 AM
Apparently deluxes are going to be $22 now.
Also, I thought Megatron was a leader?

my poor poor wallet. 'Guess I really have to be picky on which figures to get.  And Yes, Megs is a Leader class figure. I was pertaining to "Wingfinger", (the unrevealed fossilizer) when I was talking about the deluxe price point.

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 26, 2020, 07:27:23 AM
my poor poor wallet. 'Guess I really have to be picky on which figures to get.  And Yes, Megs is a Leader class figure. I was pertaining to "Wingfinger", (the unrevealed fossilizer) when I was talking about the deluxe price point.

I know, I mean when you and several others here called him a voyager, I thought I missed something.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

Now I'm pumped. Primal looks fantastic, though I think he's beast mode face looks pretty goofy. I still don't care for the fossilizers much, outside of them looking like fun toys. But, it's interesting that Vertebreak is a Dracorex and potentially a female Transformer?

Also, this new packaging for the Deluxe and up figures is pretty odd. Like, with the figure being obscured that much, why even bother showing it at all?

Figured I'd share these here. Someone's got pretty much all of wave 1 in hand:

And Cheetor's getting a totally necessary non-transforming figure in the RED line.

We also get a look at some yet to be revealed figures in this new artwork, which looks amazing btw.

What I'm seeing:
Rhinox
Waspinator
Airazor
Polar Claw (nice that they're going outside the show)
The Inferno no one wants in this line
A bunch of G1 bots that just got new toys
Some G1 bots that needed new toys
Some G1 bots that have gotten new toys, but they always suck (Galvatron)
Scorponok
Alligator Fossilizer
Styracosaurus Fossilizer
Smilodon Fossilizer (on Primal)
Some Purplish Fossilizer (maybe the pterosaur?)

DragonRider02

Quoteavatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02  thanks for sharing that list - now I'm really curious what pterosaur "Wingfinger" will turn out to be.
It should be a Pterodactylus, obviously!
QuoteA 20USD deluxe though...
I wish I had to pay 20$ for a Deluxe. They go for 35$ in here  :P :P

DragonRider02

Also, this new packaging for the Deluxe and up figures is pretty odd. Like, with the figure being obscured that much, why even bother showing it at all?
The reason Why figures are so much covered is because of Hasbro trying to make their packages more eco-friendly and waste less plastic. It seems they wont even use the plastic trays to secure the toy inside.

Loon

Well, March is gonna be fun...

suspsy

I really like the packaging. The artwork is great; some of the best-looking beasts to ever appear on TF packaging.

Inferno is there because Grapple showed up in Earthrise and HasTak rarely ever passes up a chance to retool a toy. And Inferno is a pretty popular G1 character. I won't be bothering, though; I have the version from Power of the Primes (which is a retool of Combiner Wars Hot Spot) and I like it fine.

Really happy that Optimus Primal has his flip-out wrist blasters and shoulder cannons. Also pleased that he and Megatron are around the same size relative to one another as they were in the cartoon. Despite being smaller, Optimus consistently defeated Megatron in combat during the first season.

Apparently there's at least one character in that battle scene that will not be getting a toy. I'm hoping it isn't Polar Claw, but we'll see.

Loon

Quote from: DragonRider02 on September 26, 2020, 09:24:50 PM
The reason Why figures are so much covered is because of Hasbro trying to make their packages more eco-friendly and waste less plastic. It seems they wont even use the plastic trays to secure the toy inside.

Oh, hadn't heard of that. Well that's good then.

Sarapaurolophus

These Fossilizer dudes look like a lot of fun. Turning into a skeleton makes no freaking sense but hey, that's TF for you. Black Arachnia looks bomb and I like the packaging, too. I am no in-box collector but these have really beautiful illustrations on them. It's all very tempting.

I'm curious to see Airazor and whatever Wingfinger turns out to be.

DragonRider02

Apparently there's at least one character in that battle scene that will not be getting a toy. I'm hoping it isn't Polar Claw, but we'll see.
I heard this artwork was made very early and some characters were scrapped and won't get a toy: Polar Claw and Gears.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: DragonRider02 on September 29, 2020, 05:12:15 PM

I heard this artwork was made very early and some characters were scrapped and won't get a toy: Polar Claw and Gears.

I mean... is there really so much demand for Gears. I'd like to see more BW characters instead of G1 randos, tho. Wouldn't be against seeing some Transmetals either.

suspsy

Gears already got a perfectly good toy a few years back, so I don't think he warrants another one.

A new Polar Claw would have been cool, though. :-[

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.