News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BEAST WARS IS BACK!!!

Started by suspsy, September 23, 2020, 07:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Is this just me, or does Meg's head look like it  is based on the Walking with Dinosaurs T.rex?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Wow, that Megatron looks gorgeous. I so want that. These will definitely be what gets me to buy Transformers again, I think.

I was so done with everything being G1, and I'm happy it's finally something different. Also, it feels good to be able to want a transformer not only because it looks cool, but because you like the character.

DragonRider02

That's a really nice looking T. Rex! Better than I expected!

It's nice that they are making Beast Modes more realistic and natural, instead of just making them 100% Screen-Accurate.

Also, let's not forget about the Fossilizers.

indohyus

BW Megatron is back!?!?! Praise the royalty!!!!

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DragonRider02

Hmmm, checking how much a War For Cybertron Leader Class Transformer costs in Germany:
https://www.mueller.de/p/hasbro-transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-earthrise-leader-wfc-e24-sky-lynx-2651836/
Aaaaarghhh!
Sky Lynx isn't Leader Class though, he's a Commander class, which is larger than Leader.

In my Country Leaders cost around 100$... And I haven't seen a single one at retail since Titans Return...   :-\

suspsy

Yeah, Sky Lynx is at the Commander class, which is significantly bigger than Leader class. Which is not to say that Megatron won't be pricey.

Transformers Kingdom is also going to feature Fossilizers, which replace the Weaponizers from Earthrise and Siege. Instead of transforming into vehicles, these robots transform into dinosaur skeletons. They can also be disassembled and attached to other robots as weaponry. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsvG2NXkNWE
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Okay I definitely want to get my hands on that Megatron at the very least (hope they do the raptor guy too), but I don't know the first thing about collecting Transformers. I had the big Megatron toy (which was a pain in the butt to morph), back when the show was still a thing (which I used to watch every morning before school, or whatever days it was on). I'll have to show my dad this for sure.

Edit: avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor I definitely see what you are talking about. Certainly similar at least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

A Voyager-sized Dinobot is also slated for release next year.

Have to say, while I never had any intention of shelling out more than $400 for the Masterpiece version of Megatron, I'm now feeling relieved nonetheless.

ITdactyl

regret = when the "Voyager" class toy looks better than the "Masterpiece" version.

I wonder if the same will be true for Dinobot. Although I am more excited for Airazor. Of the Maximal crew (and it seems, of the fembots), she got the least amount of love.

Quote from: Loon on September 23, 2020, 07:13:47 PM
I was so done with everything being G1, and I'm happy it's finally something different.

...the thing is, these beastformers  will be mixed with the Geewun-ish designs in the 3rd series/season of Netflix' "War for Cybertron". Maximals and the G1 Autobot crew vs. G1 Decepticons and the Predacons, because... time travel. I'm guessing this new look for the toy Megatron will also be used for the animated show.

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 25, 2020, 06:09:16 AM
...the thing is, these beastformers  will be mixed with the Geewun-ish designs in the 3rd series/season of Netflix' "War for Cybertron". Maximals and the G1 Autobot crew vs. G1 Decepticons and the Predacons, because... time travel. I'm guessing this new look for the toy Megatron will also be used for the animated show.

Oh, I'm quite aware. I'm just happy a line called "Generations" is living up to that title again. Luckily, I have next to no interest in any of these god-awful shows they've been putting out.

DragonRider02

Here's List of upcoming mainline figures, so you can See which BW characters are gonna get a toy in which size class.

suspsy

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 25, 2020, 06:09:16 AM
regret = when the "Voyager" class toy looks better than the "Masterpiece" version.

Depends on your definition of "better." Obviously, this toy better resembles a real T. rex, or at least a JP version, but the Masterpiece toy is a dead ringer for the Mainframe model.

In any case, I'm very glad I was never seriously tempted to shell out over $400 for that thing.

Loon

I doubt it's gonna happen, and I'm sure he'll just look like a JP raptor, but could you imagine a feathered Dinobot?
https://youtu.be/J2o9I-9JwRA

I was really just looking for an excuse to share this, tbh.

MLMjp

That new Megatron looks really good, it would be a must buy for me if I collected Beast Wars. Although I do have a BW Megatron toy that I didn't know what it was until I became a transformers fan.

The one I am most interested about is Cyclonus.

PD: We had a transformers thread that we kinda abandoned: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7575.20

Should we merge this page and resurrect it?

DragonRider02

Quote from: Loon on September 25, 2020, 06:36:25 PM
I doubt it's gonna happen, and I'm sure he'll just look like a JP raptor, but could you imagine a feathered Dinobot?
https://youtu.be/J2o9I-9JwRA

I was really just looking for an excuse to share this, tbh.
If they decide to give the Dinobot toy feathers, it Will probably look like Schleich's or JP3's feathered Velociraptor at best  :P

I wish some 3rd party company tried making accurate Dinobot (and other Dino TF's) , like the one in that video.

Sarapaurolophus

If they make Dinobot a more modern design I'm gonna have to restrain myself :P
That Cheetor looks so natural and neat in bot mode. Megatron's beast mode head makes me laugh. It looks so relaxed. The Jacuzzi sessions did wonders for him!

Brontozaurus

Assuming these get released in Australia, I'm going to be so poor next year. Megatron, Dinobot and the fossilisers are on my must-have list.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

suspsy

Yeah, I thought this year was going to be a budget-buster for TFs, what with Earthrise Optimus Prime and Starscream and Arcee and Sky Lynx and the Quintessons and all the Micromasters and Battlemasters, but 2021 is going to be crazier. Pretty much a given that I'll be buying all the Beast Wars characters, except maybe for Shadow Panther, and all the Fossilizers. I'm especially happy that Tigatron is his own Voyager-sized toy. I remember being profoundly disappointed back in 1996 when I found out he was nothing but a straight recolour of Cheetor.

Oh, and I think it's a given that Dinobot will not have feathers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: