News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Pokemon Shelf

Started by joossa, October 05, 2014, 12:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Hi guys,
I wanted to share my Pokemon figure collection. As you can see, Charizard and Empoleon are my favorites. :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Is Empoleon a particular favourite of yours? >:D I have to say I didn't really care for the Sinnoh starters, but Empeleon was probably the coolest of the bunch.

joossa

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 05, 2014, 01:05:51 AM
Is Empoleon a particular favourite of yours? >:D I have to say I didn't really care for the Sinnoh starters, but Empeleon was probably the coolest of the bunch.
Yes. My top favorites would be: Charizard, Empoleon, Aggron, Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Torterra. I like the starters from 1st gen and 4th gen the best. The starters that were the worst for me is probably 5th gen.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Nebuloid

Nice, clean, and beautifully displayed shelves !
I used to collect Pokemon cards, especially the Japanese versions. Quit about a year ago but it's still hard to pass them in toy stores...
It's like a drug !

docronnie

Awesome Pokemon collection!
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

Start with c end with y,whos that pokemooon ? Hahaha :D awesome collection  ^-^

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Yeah thats good,in my mind is clefairy :D lol

EmperorDinobot

Kyoko~chan

I'm loving that arrangement of your shelf there. Nice job  :))

joossa

Thanks, guys.
Here's an update. I got some new mega evolution Taraka Tomy super size figures, a couple more Empoleon, and a ton of new Mega Charizard X and Y figures from Japan. Enjoy. :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

EmperorDinobot

You sure love Empoleon and Charizard.

joossa

Thanks, guys.  ;D

Unfortunately, I started collecting pokemon figures only recently and there's a ton of charizard merchandise out there; some really hard to find and expensive. So, I decided to not collect charizard stuff, and stick with the newer mega charizard figures.
Some of the empoleon stuff I have is on the rarer side, but there's less of it than charizard.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Got the Japanese Banpresto UFO prize Mega Aggron keychain figure. It's sculpt and paint app are just fantastic and it beast the Tomy super size figure in every respect except articulation since it has none.
I took the chain portion off since I will be displaying the figure and definitely not using it as a key chain.

New Banpresto figure on the left and the Tomy verison on the right. You can see the Tomy figure is more "smooth around the edges" whereas Banpresto is not afraid to design it with sharp and pointy features. I guess Tomy caters more toward safety for younger kids.

Banpresto on the left, standard Tomy Aggron in the middle, and super size Tomy Mega Aggron on the right.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Paleona

Nice to see another Pokemon fan around here. :)  Charizard DOES have an imposing amount of merch... do you prefer his X or Y mega?  I can't help but love the X version, after watching "The Origins" and using one in-game. <3

I always liked Aggron, but I actually prefer Bastiodon, though he never seems to get any merchandise!  Torterra also needs more merch- the stuff that does exist is fairly rare.  Too bad, since she's one of my very favorites; I think she has the best pkmn design, too. 
Personally, I actually collect Pikachu plushies- nostalgia just wins me over.  ^-^

suspsy

Has Tyrantrum appeared in any Pokemon episodes yet? Be neat if Ash were to catch one!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

joossa

Quote from: Paleona on September 10, 2015, 04:27:19 PM
Nice to see another Pokemon fan around here. :)  Charizard DOES have an imposing amount of merch... do you prefer his X or Y mega?  I can't help but love the X version, after watching "The Origins" and using one in-game. <3

I always liked Aggron, but I actually prefer Bastiodon, though he never seems to get any merchandise!  Torterra also needs more merch- the stuff that does exist is fairly rare.  Too bad, since she's one of my very favorites; I think she has the best pkmn design, too. 
Personally, I actually collect Pikachu plushies- nostalgia just wins me over.  ^-^
Yeah, it would be crazy to try to start collecting Charizard stuff at this point since there's just so much. It's pretty close, but I prefer Y just a bit more than X. I like it's ability and that special attack stat. Yes, "Origins" was just fantastic.

I haven't seen much merch of Bastiodon. Maybe he's not too popular? Torterra, I have seen some items here and there. the 4th gen remakes will be great since they have a lot of material to work with.

Quote from: suspsy on September 10, 2015, 05:18:38 PM
Has Tyrantrum appeared in any Pokemon episodes yet? Be neat if Ash were to catch one!

Don't think so. Tyrunt is in the next episode in Japan, though! Grant also had one. :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

GiganotosaurusFan

Just got the 2015 Primal Groudon (Monocle). Amazing details, but the paint job is off a little bit. But still 20/5 for me! And holy moly, that's a lot of Empoleon and Charzard!
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: