News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Would you buy a sauropod carcass?

Started by Carnosaur, February 05, 2018, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

I'm not sure I'd actually buy a sauropod carcass. I mean, those things are really big, that isn't gonna fit inside the fridge. And it probably won't smell that good anymore either after all those years... :-\

But a figure of one, maybe yeah!  :P

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on February 08, 2018, 07:09:41 PM
I'm not sure I'd actually buy a sauropod carcass. I mean, those things are really big, that isn't gonna fit inside the fridge. And it probably won't smell that good anymore either after all those years... :-\

But a figure of one, maybe yeah!  :P

I wouldn't mind,... think of selling all that fresh DNA to those JP wannabes..... now we' only need some isle capable of sustaining all those bio mass :D

For a figure... I actually got the dead stego and trike from CollectA so I'd definetly consider adding a reasonably priced sauropod carcass figure (reasonably as in "toy"). After all if would be a nice addition between all those "lively" figures.

Reptilia

I wouldn't buy it, but I'd definitely appreciate Collecta for such a brave choice. I can't imagine any other company trying their luck with something like this.

ruochuan

I love the choice of Tenontosaurus being the carcass for Rebor, for this reason: it is more famous as food...

On the subject of carcasses, I love them. It's part of daily life in the age of dinosaurs, so why not.
What I want to see is more consumed carcasses, not just skin pealed off here & there. More chunks of meat and cleaned bones please...
My dinosaur model pictures:
http://seattlesaurus.tumblr.com

Shonisaurus

A well-made PVC sauropod corpse would be a more than acceptable paleoartistic work comparable to that of the best resin companies. I do not have the least inconvenience, as long as the sauropod's corpse was big enough to display on my shelves.  :)

stegosauria

For the size (and money) issue can be fixed easily: the company choose a smaller sauropod species for a carcass toy, like Dicraeosaurus or Magyarosaurus (that could accompany the CollectA Hatzegopteryx if it would be small enough). Or the sauropod could be a juvenile. A juvenile Diplodocus carcass don't have to be big and everybody would be happy who want a sauropod carcass toy but wouldn't pay too much for that. And I think it would be more realistic (probably more dinosaurs died before maturity than after).

CityRaptor

Why not? I alread have CollectA' Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. ( Still need the Trike ) Pretty useful for dioramas.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dyno77

yea for sure. Theres a lack of carcasses of dinosaurs let alone prehistoric animals .Yet i wasnt impressed with the stegosaurus or triceratops carcass by collecta that much. This was when collecta was still hit and miss. Id also have half of the sauropod carcass and perhaps 2 allosaurus or megalosaurus eating it if it was a resin kit.

Syndicate Bias

I would, sounds like a good diorama set piece just need a good predator to fo with it

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.