You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sean Cooper's Microraptor hunting Eomaia (Urzeitshop Exclusive)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, October 07, 2018, 07:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

A brand new diorama scene by Sean Cooper is available as an exclusive at UrzeitshopMicroraptor hunting Eomaia

The scene is at 1:1 scale.   8)

Some measures:

Total length of the Diorama:
approx. 61 cm long / Base to tip of the tail

Microraptor zhaoianus
approx. 25.5 cm high / up to the head
approx. 53 cm long / Snout to tip of the tail / following the body shape
approx. 43 cm wingspan

Eomaia
approx. 11.5 cm long

Sir Martin Garratt did some color variations on the resin kit:

Available here:

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/suche?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=eomaia&submit_search=

Links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microraptor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eomaia

:)

Patrx

Mackeral

I have been looking at it for a few days now. It's more than amazing. But it's so big, where to keep this and keep it dust free?
Very nice from mr. Seffzek and mr. Cooper!

Patrx

Quote from: Mackeral on October 07, 2018, 08:30:51 AM
But it's so big, where to keep this and keep it dust free?

Valid concerns–but I could figure out those details if only I could even begin to afford it! That said, it's a fair price for something so beautiful.

Mackeral

Quote from: Patrx on October 07, 2018, 08:35:01 AM

Valid concerns–but I could figure out those details if only I could even begin to afford it! That said, it's a fair price for something so beautiful.

Agreed, sure it is a lot of money but for it's size, paintjob, limited edition and including shipping costs etc. it's really affordable. If your disposable income allows you, that is ;)

DragonRider02

Oh my god, it's Marvelous! A True Masterpiece! But there's no Way I will be ever Able to afford it...  :'(

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

I looked at it with great excitement when it was first announced. Until I saw the size.  It is so beautiful but just too big for my collection.

paintingdinos

Oh noooo... I must have this. Any word on if it'll be released as an unpainted kit?

IrritatorRaji

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: paintingdinos on October 07, 2018, 03:28:41 PM
Oh noooo... I must have this. Any word on if it'll be released as an unpainted kit?

The last Urzeitshop' exclusive (Shane Foulkes Postosuchus) was released as finished model only so I think Microraptor won't be sold as a kit..

Blade-of-the-Moon

postsaurischian

This is a dream coming true. I have been waiting for years hoping that Sideshow would do something like this.
  And now: Sean Cooper - one of my favourite Paleoartists - making Microraptor - one of my favourite species - in 1:1!
  After a few days of recalculating and struggling with myself (knowing from the beginning that I'm going to lose this fight in the end) I placed my order.
  I can't wait to display this in my "home museum". It's going to be a definite centerpiece :) .
  I'll try to sell parts of the toy figure collection in the near future.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 07, 2018, 04:10:09 PM
Quote from: paintingdinos on October 07, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

The last Urzeitshop' exclusive (Shane Foulkes Postosuchus) was released as finished model only so I think Microraptor won't be sold as a kit..

I wouldn't call the Postosuchus a real Urzeitshop exclusive. It had been sold as a kit by Shane Foulkes long before Miron got the rights.
  The Diplocaulus group by Matt Mannit was a similar "exclusive". Miron doesn't offer such models as kits anymore.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 12, 2018, 09:18:05 AM
I wouldn't call the Postosuchus a real Urzeitshop exclusive. It had been sold as a kit by Shane Foulkes long before Miron got the rights.
The Diplocaulus group by Matt Mannit was a similar "exclusive". Miron doesn't offer such models as kits anymore.

Yes, I know, but the original Shane Foulkes' release of the Postosuchus was 15 pieces only..  :)) So it was more than an exclusive  ;)

Now Urzeitshop own the molds of the kit as an exclusive  O:-)

I'm curious: Which colors did you ordered for the Microraptor ? Or did you choose a custom paint job from Martin ?
( I chose the black and white coloration for my order  8) )

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 12, 2018, 09:39:06 AM
I'm curious: Which colors did you ordered for the Microraptor ? Or did you choose a custom paint job from Martin ?
( I chose the black and white coloration for my order  8) )

:)  Ditto! A very beautiful colour scheme. Maybe I'll have a few minor changes.

Mackeral

So funny that you both picked the black and white version, i think it is the most lifelike colourscheme, although the warm-toned version have more of that 'wow' factor.
How are you planning to display this? I think it would be too big for the avarage display cabinets.
What a centerpiece this will make!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Mackeral on October 13, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
How are you planning to display this? I think it would be too big for the avarage display cabinets.
I already have a plexiglass custom-made display case for the big Kaiyodo Megasofubi 1:35 Blue Whale.
I think I'll follow the same way for the Microraptor.
(I strongly hate dust)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.