You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Mountain Display

Started by BrightYellowTriceratops, October 27, 2019, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrightYellowTriceratops

I was thrilled to stumble upon the mountain display for the Carnegie Collection today and I have a few questions for any others that may own one:

The mountain I found had dinosaurs at one time but all that remains are the glue spots. Has anyone had any luck removing the glue? What method(s) did you use? My go to is usually Goo Gone but it didn't take much off on the area I tried.

Since I'll be placing my own dinos on without glue, has anyone noticed any spots that are bad for the bipedal species as far as balance? Both my Tyrannosaurus and my Allosaurus stand on two feet only (tails not touching the ground) and I don't want to place them in a place they are destined to tip over and fall down from.

Lastly, does anyone have (or know of) a good quality image of the base logo sticker that could be used as a basis for making a decent copy? My mountain is lacking the logo sticker.

Thanks in advance!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: BrightYellowTriceratops on October 27, 2019, 10:14:32 PM
I was thrilled to stumble upon the mountain display for the Carnegie Collection today and I have a few questions for any others that may own one:

The mountain I found had dinosaurs at one time but all that remains are the glue spots. Has anyone had any luck removing the glue? What method(s) did you use? My go to is usually Goo Gone but it didn't take much off on the area I tried.

Since I'll be placing my own dinos on without glue, has anyone noticed any spots that are bad for the bipedal species as far as balance? Both my Tyrannosaurus and my Allosaurus stand on two feet only (tails not touching the ground) and I don't want to place them in a place they are destined to tip over and fall down from.

Lastly, does anyone have (or know of) a good quality image of the base logo sticker that could be used as a basis for making a decent copy? My mountain is lacking the logo sticker.

Thanks in advance!

Can't help with the glue, but just use trial and error for the bipedal species balance. Usually between subtly leaning against a wall or adjacent platform, and wedding between sturdier figures, there's no problem.

I tried and failed to find good close-up photos of the label, so I made a replica in Photoshop. I had it lanenated and attached it with Velcro dots so I have the option of swapping it in the future (there were multiple versions of the logo sticker - I replicated the one my mountain had originally but which must have fallen off over years in storage).

I can post the replica I made (not exact but fairly close in terms of font), though I'd be appreciative if someone with an intact sticker could post a high res photo of theirs!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.