News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Prehistoric line: A Compendium (image heavy thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, September 26, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Your comment:

Quote from: Acro's comics on October 17, 2018, 09:18:25 PM
The Spinosaurus  doesn't have a repaint or alternative version. The change in paint app is known as a 'running change'. It has been a common occurrence with many of the Papo prehistoric line. They are not catalogued variants.

My original note:

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 26, 2018, 11:16:48 AM
A note about colors on Papo:

Papo figures are (obviously) hand-painted.
From the beginning to now a lot of Papo' figures have had slightly different or more strong color variations on the same kind of figures (Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Spinosaurus etc etc..).
A 2018 Spinosaurus could be quite different in colors from a 2012 Spinosaurus.
Despite of that, they have the same code number because they're only color variations.
Then there are repainted figures with a completely different code number .

They have the same code number.

Your next comment:

Quote from: Acro's comics on October 21, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
What a silly response :) I corrected your phrasing not your point chick. You can't call a running change a variant. :)

It's seems quite clear the fact that Papo used slightly different colors on the same figures with the same code numbers (through the years).
So I don't get your point.
Did you request not to mention that colors may vary through years with the same figure ?

And I never wrote that Papo catalogued the "dark head" Spino as a new model.
A "running change" is a "variation" from the original painting scheme (even if it's NOT a new figure with a NEW code number).
I know that there are even collectors searching for every main variation about the same model (see on Youtube..).
The original Spino had a grey/green face while the new one has a dark/black coloration.
The original Stego had a pale green palette while the new one has a lime/vivid green painting scheme.
Different colorations on the same range of figures (with the same CODE NUMBER )
Maybe you have a deeply knowledge about Papo line.
But not all the readers could have the same as you.
So it's important to me to let readers know that Papo' colors may vary through years on the same figure.
And I also wrote that there are completely repainted figures with a different code number (the "brown" running Rex or the "green" velociraptor).
A "compendium" thread has to share informations between readers (in my opinion..).

Regards
;)

Acro's comics

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 22, 2018, 08:12:08 AM
Your comment:

The Spinosaurus  doesn't have a repaint or alternative version. The change in paint app is known as a 'running change'. It has been a common occurrence with many of the Papo prehistoric line. They are not catalogued variants.

My original note:

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 26, 2018, 11:16:48 AM
A note about colors on Papo:

Papo figures are (obviously) hand-painted.
From the beginning to now a lot of Papo' figures have had slightly different or more strong color variations on the same kind of figures (Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Spinosaurus etc etc..).
A 2018 Spinosaurus could be quite different in colors from a 2012 Spinosaurus.
Despite of that, they have the same code number because they're only color variations.
Then there are repainted figures with a completely different code number .

They have the same code number.

Your next comment:

What a silly response :) I corrected your phrasing not your point chick. You can't call a running change a variant. :)

It's seems quite clear the fact that Papo used slightly different colors on the same figures with the same code numbers (through the years).
So I don't get your point.
Did you request not to mention that colors may vary through years with the same figure ?

And I never wrote that Papo catalogued the "dark head" Spino as a new model.
A "running change" is a "variation" from the original painting scheme (even if it's NOT a new figure with a NEW code number).
I know that there are even collectors searching for every main variation about the same model (see on Youtube..).
The original Spino had a grey/green face while the new one has a dark/black coloration.
The original Stego had a pale green palette while the new one has a lime/vivid green painting scheme.
Different colorations on the same range of figures (with the same CODE NUMBER )
Maybe you have a deeply knowledge about Papo line.
But not all the readers could have the same as you.
So it's important to me to let readers know that Papo' colors may vary through years on the same figure.
And I also wrote that there are completely repainted figures with a different code number (the "brown" running Rex or the "green" velociraptor).
A "compendium" thread has to share informations between readers (in my opinion..).

Regards
;)

fair enough.  ^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 18, 2018, 07:42:57 PM

Excuse me but did you really read what I wrote about colors on Papo?

Here:  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7287.msg215431#msg215431

Regards
:)

Calling other people "silly" and "chick" is pretty audacious, especially for a newbie.
Please read the forum rules and alter your tone, Acro's comics C:-) !

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.