News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

In or Out? Figures in boxes

Started by Cretaceous Crab, July 28, 2018, 05:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer to keep your figures in their original packaging or not?

Keep it in the box
1 (2.6%)
Display it out of the box
30 (78.9%)
Both (Depends on the figure)
7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Fembrogon

I always un-box my figures, for maximum play and display potential; however, I do hold on to the boxes for storage purposes, if they're nice enough.
Nowadays, as I've become more attuned to "collector" mindsets, I'm sometimes hesitant to discard boxes, because they're part of the product whole; this was a dilemma I had with the Mattel JW figures just recently. Ultimately, though, I don't buy figures to sell off again (I mean, I might, someday, I guess...); I buy them to keep and enjoy, and the boxes can often get in the way of that.

Carnosaur

Generally I remove them from the box.
especially anything with batteries as they will rot inside the toy.
which pretty much ruins it.

IrritatorRaji

I always keep them out of the box. Though with some figures (mainly the BotM figures) I keep the empty box as a display because the artwork is so pretty

dyno77

If the figures are good enough and accurate ,usually buy more than 1 and the rest stay in the box or in the package unless they have no box or package. But mostly yea they will be un packaged unless they really big or expensive - sideshow dinosauria-then after looking at them they will go back in the box for storage.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.