You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Furloichthys, a Xiphactinus relative from Cretaceous Italy

Started by Halichoeres, September 18, 2018, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Smaller than Xiphactinus, but from the same family (Ichthyodectidae), here's Furloichthys bonarelli ("Bonarelli's fish of the Furlo River").

Open access: http://www.geoecotrop.be/uploads/publications/pub_421_06.pdf
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ember

Hey, I know the place! I live not far from there.
It was my father that made a first (incomplete) list of the Bonarelli level's fossil fishes ;D

Here's his list I found online if you're interested:

- Rhynchodercetis sp.
- Rhinellus sp.
- Pachyrhizodus sp.
- Tselfatia formosa Arambourg 1954
- Ptychodus decurrens
- Palaeobalistum sp.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ember on December 02, 2018, 11:17:40 PM
Hey, I know the place! I live not far from there.
It was my father that made a first (incomplete) list of the Bonarelli level's fossil fishes ;D

Here's his list I found online if you're interested:

- Rhynchodercetis sp.
- Rhinellus sp.
- Pachyrhizodus sp.
- Tselfatia formosa Arambourg 1954
- Ptychodus decurrens
- Palaeobalistum sp.

That's so cool! Thank you for the list, a diorama incorporating these guys would be pretty great.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.