You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What is Mythunga, and the contemporaries of Kronosaurus

Started by Halichoeres, November 28, 2018, 05:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

This paper reexamines the Cretaceous pterosaur Mythunga, which had previously been posited to be an archaeopterodactyloid, and concludes that it is an anhanguerian instead. It includes a reconstruction of the fragmentary specimen with Anhanguera used to fill in the many gaps.

Maybe more interesting, they review all the fauna of the formation, which includes the famous Kronosaurus. It's really quite rich, including sharks, actinopterygian fishes, turtles, ichthyosaurs (some of the last ichthyosaurs, in fact), other plesiosaurs and pterosaurs, small pieces of dinosaurs, and the early bird Nanantius. Cool stuff!

Appears to be open access, but I have a pdf if not.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195667118302775
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures