News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Remko's collection and customs - * Updated August 6th 2023 *

Started by Remko, August 01, 2013, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

You have some great pieces here! I too try to keep my collection at 1:35 scale.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the human figure to scale well with the Therizinosaurus and Sonidosaurus? Looks like a very detailed 1:35 human scaled figure.

Remko

Quote from: Bread on May 16, 2023, 01:01:12 PMYou have some great pieces here! I too try to keep my collection at 1:35 scale.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the human figure to scale well with the Therizinosaurus and Sonidosaurus? Looks like a very detailed 1:35 human scaled figure.

Thanks!

The human figure is from a 1/35th model kit.

https://miniart-models.com/product/38007/

Remko

A couple of may latest additions.

First, the Shunosaurus set from Nanmu. Back when they still did semi-accurate dinosaurs instead of just Jurassic Park figures.

It has its flaws, but still a great looking set, with the display base and croc. I'm not to wild about the juvenile, as it looks rather toy-ish, but the adult looks amazing with a fantastic paintjob.
It's stated as in 1:35th scale and the mature Shunosaurus is about 38,5 cm long which scales to about 13,5 meters. As Shunosaurus is estimated between 9,5 and maximum 11,5 meters, a scale of 1:25th to 1:30th would be more accurate.

Juvenile

Adult head

Croc

With the CollectA Shunosaurus figure

Remko

The Rebor Diplodocus. I'm going to use these as D. hallorum. Nice figures, the beefy arms don't stand out that much, but the heads could have been a bit thicker.

With Eofauna's Diplodocus

With some other Morrison formation sauropods.

And finally, my custom Dacentrurus. It's sculpted out the Rebor Stegosaurus by Raúl Pedroche, with a paintscheme after a Brian Franczak Stegosaurus painting. I'm looking forward to compare this to the new Haulonggood Dacentrurus.

Bread

Very nice acquisitions!

I saw that Dacentrurus on instagram and was amazed. I am glad to see it here and I see you are the proud owner. Lovely choice, congratulations!

SidB

Nice to see Brian Franczak's name mentioned and his work appreciated.

ceratopsian

The Shunosaurus makes a good diorama.  Very attractive setting.

thomasw100

The custom Dacentrurus is truely amazing, what an interesting design. I am curious to see how this will look next to the red variant of the Haolonggood one. The Shunosaurus is also very nice. I saw a review of this from Dinos Dragons a while ago and unfortunately this model was sold out already at that time. I wish PNSO would make a model of this species. Actually I wish PNSO would make a wave of smaller sauropod species in the same way as they did now for the theropods. This would be something.

The two Rebor diplodocae have quite some presence. I was however not aware that one would so clearly see the seam lines between the body and the neck. This is really unfortunate, because I still lack a decent 1:35 Diplodocus. Maybe one day a custom model will show up.

Remko

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 07, 2023, 10:35:55 AMThe custom Dacentrurus is truely amazing, what an interesting design. I am curious to see how this will look next to the red variant of the Haolonggood one. The Shunosaurus is also very nice. I saw a review of this from Dinos Dragons a while ago and unfortunately this model was sold out already at that time. I wish PNSO would make a model of this species. Actually I wish PNSO would make a wave of smaller sauropod species in the same way as they did now for the theropods. This would be something.

The two Rebor diplodocae have quite some presence. I was however not aware that one would so clearly see the seam lines between the body and the neck. This is really unfortunate, because I still lack a decent 1:35 Diplodocus. Maybe one day a custom model will show up.

Thanks, the Dacentrurus is for my "Forgotten Giants" display. Only one figure to go to complete the line up.

The Rebor figures have obvious seams because they come in three parts: Neck, body and tail. This helps to make the package a lot smaller.

Halichoeres

That's a very striking custom! I have a set of trading cards by Franczak, one of which is that Stegosaurus painting.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures