News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Edel Collectibles

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, June 29, 2022, 03:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtube.com/channel/UCE2sraNoVV9WnaDkeZ6Lw2g
The link to Edel Collectibles' YouTube Channel.

Was trying to find an Edel Collectibles thread but could not find any, so I created one. Its latest figure is a 1/20 scale articulated Jurassic World Dominion based Giganotosaurus;
Other figures of this line that caught my attention are its JP based T-Rex figures and a 1/20 scale articulated JP3 based Spinosaurus.
The 1/20 scale Spinosaurus figure.

The figures of this line are indeed very amazing, very realistic and very faithful to their screen counterparts. The line combines realism with articulation.

However, Edel Collectibles' figures are very expensive, the line does not always deliver what you see on screen (some customers have received badly applied paint job on their figures and the joints of their figures were broken) and many customers got scammed; never got their figures after payment.

So yes, created this thread for this line because couldn't find one. Feel free to share your thoughts on this line and your experience with this line if you were a previous customer.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good but yeah all the reasons you mentioned..pass. and they are highly fragile. Heard someone say there's just fell over on a table and broke parts.

Bread

I personally would never buy from Edel Toy's...

On his instagram account, it appears to me at least that he deletes comments throughout his post. You'll notice it appears there is possibly 3-4 comments under a post, when you go to check they're not there. This is most likely due to the "I did not get my product, where is it?" or "Still nothing, I'm filing refund." or "This guy is a scam" comments...

I don't doubt that these will be deleted soon too within the next few days...

Another instance I noticed is the remarks that are not pleasant when asked certain questions:

My apologies for the use of language in the image.

I was not sure where exactly or which thread to post this in. There's a few Edel Toy's threads, those are pretty old, but this one appeared to be the most recent.

This post is for a heads up and a warning if you're considering purchasing from this artist. With the recent unfortunate Artic Figures scam, I would be hesitant to purchase from an artist like these.

Faelrin

This got me thinking we might need like a dedicated black list of scammers, very poor customer service, etc in the community.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on January 07, 2024, 02:46:40 PMThis got me thinking we might need like a dedicated black list of scammers, very poor customer service, etc in the community.
I agree, I can't think of too many but there's still a presence of them at least.

The thread when or if created should be pinned to Dinosaur Toys General in my opinion.

Concavenator

Quote from: Faelrin on January 07, 2024, 02:46:40 PMThis got me thinking we might need like a dedicated black list of scammers, very poor customer service, etc in the community.

That would be useful. Based on my experience, I would include Ancestors there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It would probably be a good idea as some scammers like Josh Smith are known from several different "businesses"and he's always making new ones.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.