News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eikoh - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, August 07, 2019, 02:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Eikoh's Miniature Planet line is now making some larger versions of a couple of species from their 2017 lineup in a larger format. They're the most boring species, but a few people might find them of interest. These seem to be available only in arcade machines.

Triceratops (also available in blue)

Tyrannosaurus (also available in green)

Also 16 new small figures, released in August:

Allosaurus

Amargasaurus

Apatosaurus

Carnotaurus

Dilophosaurus

Maiasaura

Olorotitan

Quetzalcoatlus

Saltasaurus

Sinoceratops

Stygimoloch

Styracosaurus

Therizinosaurus

Tuojiangosaurus

Tyrannosaurus (new sculpt)

Velociraptor (new sculpt)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 07, 2019, 02:56:47 PM
Ty***nosaurus (also available in green)

You left it uncensored! How dare you!  >:( ;D

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on August 07, 2019, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 07, 2019, 02:56:47 PM
Ty***nosaurus (also available in green)

You left it uncensored! How dare you!  >:( ;D

Ha ha, I thought about it, but my impulse to have "______: New for ____" threads be useful references outweighs my impulse to boycott the most overdone dinosaur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Evidently these are only available as arcade game prizes, like the JW Mosasaurus and the old Sega figures. These are...much worse.

Halichoeres

New Eikoh miniatures are showing up on YAJ. I'm not sure how many there are, and the pictures aren't great, but so far I've seen:

Amargasaurus
Apatosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Olorotitan
Quetzalcoatlus

I'll update when I know more.

BlueKrono

Now we're talkin! I'm gonna need the Amarga and Oloro for sure. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

brettnj

Eikoh has released 2 new (There are already 2.) sets of 8 new dino species as, as usual, arcade crane game prizes. My source will be able to buy them from the site we use for Eikohs sometime in the next week or two.

Their images will appear here when available:
http://schleichland.com/schleich/9.3/62093/

In the meantime, hopefully one of my buyers can post the images I sent.

Taking orders now, of course, and my source and I charge only half our fees when buying complete sets of eight.

Thanks.
Brett

Halichoeres

I still haven't been able to figure out all of them, but I think at a minimum the new sets include:

Amargasaurus
Apatosaurus
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus
Maiasaura
Olorotitan
Quetzalcoatlus
Sinoceratops
Stygimoloch
Styracosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Tuojiangosaurus
Tyrannosaurus repaint
Velociraptor repaint

Halichoeres

Photos added to first post. Happy to do Brett's job for him  ;)

Flaffy

Hm, looks like all future Sinoceratops and Stygimoloch toys will be stained inspired by JWFK designs.
That being said, wouldn't mind acquiring that Saltasaurus and Sinoceratops.

ITdactyl

Ooh, Mark Witton will probably be happy about the neck on that quetz (unfortunate wing folding aside).

I'll take the quetz and mini Sideshow Apatosaurus please.  ;D

ZoPteryx

Hmm, if only these had a bit (ok, a lot!) for detail some of them would actually be pretty good.  The Apatosaurus, Maiasaura, and Quetzalcoatlus are by far the most intriguing.

brettnj

Thanks (I think...), Hali. I used to know how to post when I had Photobucket but no idea now.

Also, since you know I can't match IDs here with names, you'll have to let me know who you are so I know who I was side eyeing when I read that...  ;  )

Brett

Libraraptor

They do have a certain charme.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.