News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The curious case of paleoburrows

Started by Thialfi, March 29, 2021, 03:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Interesting read!

"It wasn't until 2015 that Amilcar Adamy of the CPRM had an opportunity to return to that strange cave in Rondonia. It turned out to be the first paleoburrow discovered in the Amazon, which is notable, but not the coolest part. It also turned out to be one of the largest ever measured, with branching tunnels altogether tallying about 2,000 feet in length. The main shafts — since enlarged by erosion — were originally more than six feet tall and three to five feet wide; an estimated 4,000 metric tons of dirt and rock were dug out of the hillside to create the burrow.

"This wasn't made by one or two individuals," says Adamy. "It was made by many, over generations." Frank describes it as an exciting, though not particularly surprising, discovery."

Full article: https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/get-lost-in-mega-tunnels-dug-by-south-american-megafauna?fbclid=IwAR28QZNTZV_BhjuMaEmkLdePoOCvZOeXaepaXOS_lvDNtb75fPUjfBfdhIs

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ezikot

Interesting indeed!
...and funny when it is written exactly what you are thinking: "I didn't know there was such a thing as paleoburrows" :D

Duna

Crackington

Yes very interesting - there's a good b movie in there somewhere, waiting to get out. Looks like the set of "Them!"

andrewsaurus rex

I've never heard of these before.  Interesting stuff....the movie idea is a good one;  an ancient paleoburrow is uncovered and the original owner revives from its 10,000 year slumber...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.