You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Jurassic World: Alive" (Dinosaurs GO)

Started by Loon, March 06, 2018, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Stumbled upon this over at Jurassic Outpost
Looks very much like a Pokemon Go reskin with dinosaurs, but seems to be kinda fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6eMy2t_0Sk

QuoteThey're ALIVE in our world!

Dinosaurs have returned to rule the Earth. They have fled Jurassic World on the unstable island of Isla Nublar....and they're roaming free in your cities and neighborhoods.

As a brand-new member of the Dinosaur Protection Group (DPG), your mission is to save dinosaurs from a second extinction. Explore your surrounding area to find your favorite dinosaurs – including new breeds that are more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Activate augmented reality (AR) to interact with these unbelievable creatures in the real world.

Track these magnificent animals with a drone and collect DNA samples needed to level up and create hybrids in your Lab. Then, assemble the perfect dinosaur strike team and take on dangerous threats in real-time PVP arena battles!

EXPLORE your world with location-based technology and discover dinosaurs on a map. Identify behavior patterns to track specific species in their natural habitats.

COLLECT rare and powerful breeds by flying a drone with precise accuracy. Capture DNA samples and maintain a full roster of thriving prehistoric animals.

CREATE hybrid creatures by combining the genetic traits of multiple species to develop their strengths and abilities.

BATTLE a strike team of dinosaurs to defend against threats to your mission and challenge others in real-time PVP competitive arenas.

EARN rewards such as in-game currency and battery life for your drone by finding Supply Drops on the map.

SHARE your legendary dinosaur collection with friends by posting your AR images and videos to your social pages!
- Chris Pugh, Jurassic Outpost

Photos from Jurassic Outpost:

Looks like some dinos have feathers at least.

Pre-registration has begun on the JW Alive website, and it looks like it'll be available on most app stores.

Credit to Jurassic Outpost: http://jurassicoutpost.com/new-jurassic-world-alive-game-teases-pokemon-go-style-experience/

mgaguilar

Oh my goodness. It looks amazing. Signed up!

I'm a huge PoGo fan and I can't wait to see this go live. It's also made by LUDIA, so hopefully a large team like theirs can learn from the issues PoGo has had since launch.

IrritatorRaji

Ehhhh, I'm not really sold on the idea. I'll likely be playing Jurassic World: Evolution instead of this.

Flaffy

0h, that's certainly interesting.
At least from what I can tell the models look a tad bit better than the absolutely lazy and disgusting abominations seen in the park builder.
The einiosaurus still looks like it's deformed though, and I don't expect the abelisaurs (other than carnotaurus) to have small stumpy arms.

Loon

I find it odd that the Allosaurus in the game doesn't look like the one from Fallen Kingdom. For synergy's sake, wouldn't make more sense for it to match?

Flaffy

Though it might be a horrible idea.
It would be interesting to see prehistoric critters spawn in their place of origin. Tyrannosaurus for North America, Majungasaurus for Madagascar, Monolophosaurus for China etc.
"Drones" that were said to appear in game can allow players from all over the globe to find species that are not local to their area.
Also Ludia really needs to step up their model quality, many of them looks like chewed gum crudely moulded into the shape of a dinosaur. Even their Tyrannosaurus doesn't look like the JP tyrant we all know and love/hate.

It's funny how the trailer has a much better model than in game, but I guess that was the case for Pokemon Go as well.

Regarding the Allosaurus, at least they didn't use their park builder counterpart and instead made a new model. shivers

Loon

What that two fingered lump with no defined head crests isn't an accurate Allosaurus? Freakin' feather Nazis...

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on March 07, 2018, 08:33:27 AM
It would be interesting to see prehistoric critters spawn in their place of origin. Tyrannosaurus for North America, Majungasaurus for Madagascar, Monolophosaurus for China etc.
"Drones" that were said to appear in game can allow players from all over the globe to find species that are not local to their area.

It would be interesting but being in Australia means that my options for dinosaurs would be severely limited. I can see them doing a few region exclusives like Go has, but not all of them.

I'm also afraid that Alive will end up falling victim to Ludia's monetisation practices. In JW and JP Builder the game mechanics were so heavily weighted towards encouraging you to spend real money that it was tedious to try and progress otherwise. Hopefully they'll follow Go's lead and make it much more accessible without needing to pay.

"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

stargatedalek

I shall hold the monopoly on.... Hylonomus I guess.

Counterklock

I am honestly so excited for this, but am really hoping that Ludia does learn from Pokemon Go's mistakes. I will admit though I'm torn between this and Evolution (tho I don't own any rigs capable of running it)

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 07, 2018, 04:19:15 PM
I shall hold the monopoly on.... Hylonomus I guess.

TIL I learned Hylonomus is from Nova Scotia. I always thought it had been found in Scottish or Welsh coal measures.

Boy would Cryolophosaurus be difficult to get.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Well, it is out. Unless you pay for premium, you won't be able to do much. No seriously, the flying drone used to collect DNA samples does not only have wonky controls, but also a pretty short battery life ( one animal maximum ), unless you pay. Ads pop up even more frequently than in JW:The Game. The app ( rather fittingly )  also drains your smartphone's battery very fast. Therefore I kicked it out.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brontozaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 25, 2018, 06:09:19 PM
Well, it is out. Unless you pay for premium, you won't be able to do much. No seriously, the flying drone used to collect DNA samples does not only have wonky controls, but also a pretty short battery life ( one animal maximum ), unless you pay. Ads pop up even more frequently than in JW:The Game. The app ( rather fittingly )  also drains your smartphone's battery very fast. Therefore I kicked it out.

I'm still playing after like three weeks so I;m clearly enjoying it more than you did, but I agree that it pushes you too hard to pay money. The rarer dinosaurs are too rare on the map to make collecting DNA efficient so you have to rely on the incubators you get from battles, but you'll get mediocre ones mostly. But you can buy really good incubators from the shop, as well as get an extra one from the subscription service. And inevitably you get up to the point where your enemies are levelling up faster than you, which is where the temptation to pay gets really strong.
-Ian Malcolm

Appalachiosaurus

Maybe i'm used to app games at this point, but this game is great when it comes to pay-to-win by the fact that you don't have to at all. There are no ads and the only paywall i've seen is the "premium battery" which extends your collecting range like 3 feet. The drone did feel wonky at first but it's easy to get used to, and Ludia completely removed batteries as a resource so the only thing limiting the player is darts. Most of all, unlike JWTG, it doesn't feel like a chore to play. The battles are actually fun, believe it or not.

CityRaptor

Okay, I gave the game a second chance. I think they fixed the drone issues I've head before. And the rate at which advertisements pop up. It's fun now. I currently have 38 ( common and rare ) out of 101 animals. This includes a few Gen 2 variants and one Hybrid. Funnily enough, a few rare ones seem to be more common than the common ones.
Oh no

Brontozaurus

I gave up on this game after they changed the events to last 12 hours, without factoring in other time zones. So where I am, the event dinosaurs start spawning at 10pm until about 10am. This is ridiculous.
-Ian Malcolm

CityRaptor

Currently they are back to 24 hours. And they offered the Raptor Squad in the last 4 days. Got all but Blue I'm clearly no Owen Grady...
Oh no

Digibasherx

I tried to give this game a go, but the constant disconnects, the longer than average load time and the drone batteries, oy.  I'm going to say that Pogo with Dinos needs a lot of work.

CityRaptor

Update 1.7 for sure turned the game into a buggy mess.  Seems to follow the rule set by the Dino Riders toyline: introducing prehistoric mammals causes things to go downhill.
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.