News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

large sauropod figures

Started by dyno77, May 29, 2019, 08:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyno77

which company would most likely release large sauropod figure similar in size to the papo brachiosaurus or the older schleich sauropods ? Just remember that in the past none of the companies had any problems with releasing large dinosaurs like apatosaurus and brachiosaurus that were big and solid figures . Apart from the mentioned problems with big sauropods figures , i cant see why collecta cant release some deluxe sauropods of good size maybe over 15 inches long.

CityRaptor

Well, Mattel is gonna release a big Brachiosaurus in their JW line.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bokisaurus

Ah, the good old days of large sauropod figures! I for one would want to see more larger figures.
That being said, its simply economics really. During the heyday of large dinosaur figures, online shopping was still not the norm like it is today . Back then, you can pick them up in many local small toy stores. But those days are mostly gone ( so are the small mom& pop toy stores sadly). Today, online shopping is the norm, so now we have to pay for shipping and large solid PVC sauropods are heavy and cost a lot to ship ( that applies to distributors as well).
So you can see how companies are now hesitant to produce large heavy figures, it makes a big difference sales wise.
The only large figures of sauropods from the last few years were the Safari ones, and even then they are smaller than their predecessors. ;)

Halichoeres

The CollectA Brontosaurus is almost 15 inches long (about 14.8) but a lot of that is tail, so it still feels pretty small.

That's a good observation on the shift to online shopping, Boki. That might be a major factor. I'm also a fan of large sauropod figures, and it can cost a pretty penny to ship them (like the PNSO Huanghetitan, yikes!).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.