News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Diramix - New for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, October 31, 2019, 11:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

They're terrible!

Roughly clockwise from the left, they are:

Smilodon
mammoth
Lexovisaurus
Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Carnotaurus
Parasaurolophus
Stegosaurus
"two headed lizard"
Triceratops
Utahraptor
Dilophosaurus
Nodosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Dimetrodon

The two headed lizard is described on the web site as a prehistoric aquatic reptile with two heads, which sounds like a reference to Hyphalosaurus, an Early Cretaceous choristodere for which there are many specimens, one of which was famously found with two heads. This, however, just looks like one of those generic two headed dragons. What a pity, that might have been an actually interesting choice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

If Diramix could make figures that are even close to their associated artwork (look at that card in the corner!) they would totally be worth tracking down.

But they are not.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 31, 2019, 11:41:12 PM
The two headed lizard is described on the web site as a prehistoric aquatic reptile with two heads, which sounds like a reference to Hyphalosaurus, an Early Cretaceous choristodere for which there are many specimens, one of which was famously found with two heads. This, however, just looks like one of those generic two headed dragons. What a pity, that might have been an actually interesting choice.

If only it looked even somewhat like Hyphalosaurus!  :))  Fingers crossed PNSO will make one in their next series of minis.

Silvanusaurus

Ah, two headed lizard, one of my all time favourite species...

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on November 01, 2019, 03:50:13 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 31, 2019, 11:41:12 PM

If only it looked even somewhat like Hyphalosaurus!  :))  Fingers crossed PNSO will make one in their next series of minis.

Although I'd prefer a one-headed individual, personally...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on November 01, 2019, 12:27:57 PM
Ah, two headed lizard, one of my all time favourite species...
Maybe they'd heard the old adage that "two heads are better than one." Cross- cultural influences - powerful stuff.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.