News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Must re position the new Papo Giga

Started by Stegotyranno420, December 13, 2019, 01:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

I want re-position the new Papo Giganotosaurus. Any tips

Blade-of-the-Moon

Depends what position your trying to get. Removing the legs and tilting the body forward, slice up and unbend the neck so it's looking forward, maybe slice up and straighten the tail?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2019, 01:29:26 AM
Depends what position your trying to get. Removing the legs and tilting the body forward, slice up and unbend the neck so it's looking forward, maybe slice up and straighten the tail?
Just  trying to make it in the same pose as the PNSO one.

or this

Loon

I would just buy a different figure. If you want a Giganotosaurus in a decent pose, there are plenty of options, like the Eofauna. The Papo's sculpt isn't even that good anyway.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on December 13, 2019, 06:05:00 AM
I would just buy a different figure. If you want a Giganotosaurus in a decent pose, there are plenty of options, like the Eofauna. The Papo's sculpt isn't even that good anyway.
I know, i just was so excited for Papo. Who knows. Maybe its actually a different pose. Maybe its two poses in one, like the pentacertops from 2019. And papo has the best details

Blade-of-the-Moon

i would wait until it's released then formulate a plan. You might just be able to get a similar figure and switch out parts like the head and arms. Maybe use Nanmu's Indominus Rex body?  It's also probable there will be knockoffs of it in different poses.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2019, 06:47:47 AM
i would wait until it's released then formulate a plan. You might just be able to get a similar figure and switch out parts like the head and arms. Maybe use Nanmu's Indominus Rex body?  It's also probable there will be knockoffs of it in different poses.
True, and also, its not like i could afford nammu's figures, let alone eofauna

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 13, 2019, 11:26:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2019, 06:47:47 AM
True, and also, its not like i could afford nammu's figures, let alone eofauna
Yes, given that there are umpteen Papo knockoffs on Aliexpress at any given time, going for strikingly low prices, you can be quite sure that in a few years there will be many pseudo-Papo Gigas available to slice and dice and otherwise cannibalize in a kit-bash project.

Halichoeres

I found some good inspiration for customization of this figure. Just need a couple of plastic spears and a little glue.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

So, either everyone's ignoring it or I missed the conversation...but, what's that weird thing sticking out of the back of the head? Is that supposed to be a very exposed parietal?

Halichoeres

I think we were all too busy dunking on it to notice, but that does seem to be what that is. Enhances the Ace Ventura resemblance.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Got bored, so, I Frankensteined a few stock images together to create a better posture. I'm not an expert at this kind of thing:

Duna

I think it would have looked really nice like this ...

Shonisaurus

This is what the brutal giganotosaurus would look like. Wonderful Dune photoshop.

SidB

Quote from: Loon on January 10, 2020, 06:44:29 AM
Got bored, so, I Frankensteined a few stock images together to create a better posture. I'm not an expert at this kind of thing:

And the winner is ... !

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.