You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Skeleton of a Cretaceous mammal from Madagascar reflects long-term insularity

Started by sauroid, April 30, 2020, 07:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ravonium

For anyone wondering about the significance of this description: this is the first gondwanathere specimen ever found that has any post-cranial material, let alone is reasonably complete.

Halichoeres

Really weird animal! Here's a reconstruction of the skeleton:

And a write-up at the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/04/29/mammal-skeleton-adalatherium-hui/

PS avatar_sauroid @sauroid One of the things I missed most when you were absent from the forum was your keeping us abreast of prehistoric arcana :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on May 01, 2020, 05:56:27 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thanks. we see each other's posts in the fb group aquatic life models regularly btw.

Yes, I've noticed your photos there! I loathe Facebook and prefer to spend my time here, but I confess that group keeps dragging me back.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Interesting critter. Probably served as a food source for young Majungasaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.