You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Therizinosaurus cheloniformis, 1/72 - MIXVS MINIMAX

Started by MIXVS MINIMAX, January 28, 2013, 06:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIXVS MINIMAX

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I present and introduce You the new and my first kit of an Therizinosaurus cheloniformis in 1/72.

The kit shows the dinosaur with the incredible huge claws, presenting them to an opponent. Therizinosaurus tries his luck with a half erected/half stretched position.
The arms are opened, the head is held towards the opponent - but not so far away from the level of the claws that he get bitten off the head.
Meanwhile the tounge is flicking like the Maoris in NZ do it while dancing their Haka.

The Therizinosaurus-model has sculpted feathers on the "sun-facing" parts of the body.
The base shows a woodland surface with a trunk, branches and some Gingko leafs.

The kit includes 6 parts:
1 body (resin)
2 feets (resin)
2 hands (resin)
1 base (stewalin)

and an assembly instruction in English and German.

At the present the kit is avaiable at www.urzeitshop.de.
( http://www.urzeitshop.de/Bausaetze-Zubehoer/verschiedene-Hersteller/Therizinosaurus-Dinosaurier-Bausatz-von-Mixus-Minimax.html )

In spring three more Dinosaurs in 1/72 will be unchained.

The pics show the kit and the mastermodel (it has more contrast).

ZoPteryx

radman

wow, terrific and beautiful! Finally, the dinotales theri has a playmate!

Simon

Nice work, but the legs seem to be too thin with shins that are too long and ankles that are too short. Unlikely that the animal's gut was that far off the ground.  In some ways the legs almost look too human.  Re-do the legs and you'll have an A+ sculpt ....

MIXVS MINIMAX

@Simon: in most items negative.

My Therizinosaurus is based on http://www.dinoweb.narod.ru/therizinosaurus3.gif and its scaled on the lenght of the femur, tibia, phalanges etc. 
By overlay the pics You will see, that it fits. Maybe its a bit to skinny. (The blade of the illium is distinctly to see). But I didnt want to scuplt a big fat
Therizinosaurus. The knees are over the keel of the ischium/pubis. The lenght of the tibia is in scale, so the thickness of the legs, the lenght of the
metatarsals etcpp. Also the distance between the knee and the top of the illium fits.
I think Therizinosaurus needed strong, well trained muscles at the fibia, because the femur couldn't move much forward because of the blade of the illium.
The upright position and the examination of many drawing let me sculped the calf maybe a bit human like.

Simon

I don't know what that "@Simon" thing below is all about - I don't Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (and I never will).

I gather its a "dig" as we would call it over here.  I said your sculpt is very nice.  The only thing that stops me from buying it are the legs ...

... and, now that you mention it, the gut does look too small.  It would probably have had to be a huge vat to "cook" plant matter, kind of like a sauropod gut was.

In any event, I don't think that these boards are meant to be an "amen corner" for everything that is shown.

Just offering some constructive criticism, as I see it.

Good luck with your other sculpts.  The more paleo-sculptors there are, the better.

Simon

Sorry, but while I agree that this is a fine illustration, when I look at the profile photo of the sculpt, I am having trouble seeing it....keep at it though....VERY nice for a first dino-sculpt...

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

MIXVS MINIMAX

Thanks, thanks, thanks. :-)

The overlay:

Ok, the gut in between the knees could be thicker a bit. I will see, what I can do.

radman

Quote from: Simon on January 29, 2013, 04:32:34 AM
I don't know what that "@Simon" thing below is all about - I don't Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (and I never will).

I gather its a "dig" as we would call it over here.  I said your sculpt is very nice.  The only thing that stops me from buying it are the legs ...

I don't think it was a "dig"; the @simon, i.e., "at simon" merely reflected that his subsequent comments were directed specifically towards you, and it seems he took your criticism quite constructively.