News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help me find: Tiny Vinyl Dinos

Started by tinyvinyldinos, March 24, 2020, 01:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinyvinyldinos

Do you see these very small boys? I am on the hunt to find out where they came from and where I can reunite the family once more. Missing boys from the set include some sort of sauropod, a mosasaur-like reptile, a pterodactyl, and some sort of ceratopsian. They definitely predate the 00's, but after that it's hard to tell dates, firstly because I've had these since I was at most three and secondly because I've got hand-me-downs from the 80's.

Please help me, Obi Juan, you're my only ho.

Halichoeres

T @tinyvinyldinos I don't know where to buy them, but they're from the Wild Republic line by K&M International. There were 24 in the series: http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Wild_Republic_Minis

They're similar to, but smaller than, the Panini rubber dinosaurs: http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Panini_Prehistoric_Animals

I haven't seen them for sale much, but maybe with some photos and the names in hand, you might be able to find them on eBay or Craigslist with a little patience. Happy hunting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tinyvinyldinos

THANK YOU SO MUCH

You are my hero! I hope all your dinosaur-related goals come true and also you get a very small t-rex that obeys your every command except when you don't want it on the counter.

tinyvinyldinos

Incidentally, if anyone on this forum is selling these... wink wonk.

tinyvinyldinos

An incredible update to this post.

Thanks to the incredible and talented Hyydraworks, the family has been reunited (except the plastic boys are still at my parents' house waiting for the post office to be safe to use for shipping, but soon!). These little ceramics are bigger than the original plastic dinosaurs, but not by a lot, and I love them so much. And they were much less than I was expecting to pay for that sort of commission.

So they're not the ~real deal~, but they're made with love and they're excellent, and that's what matters to me.

BlueKrono

I'd love that little ceramic Tylosaurus. Is there a name for this company? I wonder if there are any more out there...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I'm glad you were able to get hold of these adorable stand-ins! I'll try to keep you in mind if I ever spot the originals for sale anyplace.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tinyvinyldinos

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono I linked the Etsy shop of Hyydraworks, but here it is again! These were a special commission, but Hyydraworks is incredibly talented and makes so many cute dinosaurs, you're likely to find something you love even without making a special commission.

BlueKrono

Ah, thank you! I missed the little caption at the end of the picture post. Neat stuff they've got.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.