News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archaeopteryx, Tamiya, 1:24

Started by MIXVS MINIMAX, June 10, 2012, 09:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIXVS MINIMAX

Hihihi!

The Tamiya Archaeopterx, which is app. in 1/24 than in 1/35 as mentioned on the kit.
It needed some remodellig at the head, claws und the belly.
I choosed to place him on a perch, ready for its first flight.

Painting in process.

The tree - a gingko - is made of milliput, attached on the piece of wood with the bark engraved.
The same work continued at the branches.
I cut the tree for space-saving reasons, otherwise the Archaeopteryx is hidden.
The leef is printed on transparent paper and allready cut out. I think I need some 300-400 leafs.
It will be attached 1-by-1 with normal Cyanacrylat.

The finished one will hopefully look like my first attemp by doing this (1/35 scratch build german tank with 3 trees: Acer platanoides and Acer pseudoplantanus:

Yutyrannus

Quote from: ursusmajor on June 10, 2012, 09:50:00 PM
Hihihi!

The Tamiya Archaeopterx, which is app. in 1/24 than in 1/35 as mentioned on the kit.
It needed some remodellig at the head, claws und the belly.
I choosed to place him on a perch, ready for its first flight.

Painting in process.

The tree - a gingko - is made of milliput, attached on the piece of wood with the bark engraved.
The same work continued at the branches.
I cut the tree for space-saving reasons, otherwise the Archaeopteryx is hidden.
The leef is printed on transparent paper and allready cut out. I think I need some 300-400 leafs.
It will be attached 1-by-1 with normal Cyanacrylat.

The finished one will hopefully look like my first attemp by doing this (1/35 scratch build german tank with 3 trees: Acer platanoides and Acer pseudoplantanus:

It's a cool model but it does need to be fixed up a little more than you said. Archaeopteryx could not lift it's arms above it's back, so the wings need to be slightly lowered. As for color, Archaeopteryx color studies reveal that it at would've at least had black wings if not been entirely black. But otherwise very cool :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gryphoceratops

Nothing wrong with the arms on that model.  Here is the paper that shows exactly what they think various theropod dinosaurs could do with their arms. 

http://app.pan.pl/archive/published/app51/app51-305.pdf

MIXVS MINIMAX

I think so too. I have several bird sceletons at home and the review of pics dinosaur forelimbs/joints shows, that there's a lot of free capacity to move the arm around the clock.

The tree today:

I cut another 80 leas in hope, that this will be enough.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on June 15, 2012, 05:20:24 AM
Nothing wrong with the arms on that model.  Here is the paper that shows exactly what they think various theropod dinosaurs could do with their arms. 

http://app.pan.pl/archive/published/app51/app51-305.pdf
My mistake. I still think the colors should be fixed though.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Everything_Dinosaur

Great artwork, most impressive, well done.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.