News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How to remove paint

Started by Stegotyranno420, May 28, 2020, 12:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Hello i want to know a quick, cheap, damage proof way of removing arclyic paint of my dunkleosteus, and some old kiddie figures i that i spilled paint on, and i want to clean it so i could sell them

Kapitaenosavrvs

If the Paint was not sealed it should be quite easy. When i tried Repainting the first times or not liking my work, i just got warm water, and a Brush. Takes bit, but should remove the acrylic paint. If it is older Paint, it was a bit smeary. Then i added a bit soap to it. But i never removed the orginal Paint with this Stuff.

If someone has a Better Idea, i would love to hear it. But warm water and a Brush should work fine. Also, Hand soap should not be an agressive Chemical.

If there are big, thick drops of unthinned acylic paint on the Figures, you could try to remove them really careful mechanically with your Fingers. Since i always use waterthinned Paint, i have no expierience in that in combination with Figures.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 28, 2020, 10:35:12 AM
If the Paint was not sealed it should be quite easy. When i tried Repainting the first times or not liking my work, i just got warm water, and a Brush. Takes bit, but should remove the acrylic paint. If it is older Paint, it was a bit smeary. Then i added a bit soap to it. But i never removed the orginal Paint with this Stuff.

If someone has a Better Idea, i would love to hear it. But warm water and a Brush should work fine. Also, Hand soap should not be an agressive Chemical.

If there are big, thick drops of unthinned acylic paint on the Figures, you could try to remove them really careful mechanically with your Fingers. Since i always use waterthinned Paint, i have no expierience in that in combination with Figures.
if the paint is 4 years old?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 28, 2020, 06:07:40 PM

Since the surface of the Figures wasnt prepared and cleaned before the spilled paint hit them, it should not be that much adhesion between the Paint and the Figure. I would try it slowly.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 31, 2020, 11:33:18 AM

Since the surface of the Figures wasnt prepared and cleaned before the spilled paint hit them, it should not be that much adhesion between the Paint and the Figure. I would try it slowly.
okay how do you prepare a figure for painting?

Syndicate Bias

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 31, 2020, 06:56:50 PM

What S @Syndicate Bias said. Clean it and Prime it with with Primer or i paint it Black or white. Depends what i need. Bright colours or darker colours.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 02, 2020, 07:07:00 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 31, 2020, 06:56:50 PM

What S @Syndicate Bias said. Clean it and Prime it with with Primer or i paint it Black or white. Depends what i need. Bright colours or darker colours.
Thanks both of you. Sorry I replied late to Syndicate Bias

Psy06

I join.
How can the paint be removed from the figures produced by PNSO? What paints are used in these figures?
Paints of which companies are suitable for repainting it? So that the paint will be as strong as the original, and not scratched with a fingernail.

copper

Quote from: Psy06 on February 23, 2021, 02:25:27 PM
I join.
How can the paint be removed from the figures produced by PNSO? What paints are used in these figures?
Paints of which companies are suitable for repainting it? So that the paint will be as strong as the original, and not scratched with a fingernail.

Removing the factory paint isn't always that necessary in my opinion, just wash the model with soap water to remove possible dirt/grease, let it dry and spray it with primer and your good to go! For repainting, acrylic paints are the most widely used. And to seal the paint, use varnish that can be used with acrylics.