News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kapitaenosavrvs' Dioramas

Started by Kapitaenosavrvs, February 20, 2020, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Hi Everyone. Since i had fun with the Spinosaurus Base, i tried something bigger.

I startet with my second "Diorama"/Base. I loved the Idea of using cheap Frames from a Dollar Store. (I first saw this in the Videos of Kayakasaurus).
There needs to be a bit of Touchup and Cleaning everywhere and the Rex needs to get a proper Paintjob, but i think i'm okay with the outcome to this Point.

And Yes. I used old Lego. The Materials i used are far from perfect, but thats what i have. Takes forever for the Clay to dry. Its not Ideal.

I'm really open for Ideas and Tips on building this. There are some really talented People here at the DTF. Thanks for the Interest :)

Edit: I don't know if i needed this new Topic, but i wasn't sure if this fits in the Modified Figures Board. Hope this is okay and no one is fed up with this.

Martwad

The landscaping is beautiful.  Can't wait to see the finished dino to go with it.

Shonisaurus

What has been said has never left the landscape better. By the way the tyrannosaurus rex is the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta standard version, isn't it or am I wrong?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you. It was fun, to create this.

Yes avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, its the smaller one from Collecta.
It is now painted, but i dont like it. But it will stay this way until i have Time to change it. I think its noch thaaaat unrealistic in case of Colours and Pattern, but a bit chaotic. The Belly needs a bit Yellow, to fit the Rings on the Tail. I'll start with a 3rd Diorama to improve my Skills. I thought about some hadrosaur.

I would love to stay in the 1:65 Range or at least with a Figure Size thats not too big. Its alot of Space for one Figure combined with a Base like this.
Moreover it would be great to have a small Group of Hadrosaur for this. I think i can reposition a few things, but i have no idea wich Figure is good for that. Any Ideas?
An more or less Idle Position of the Animal would be good. So that i can rework them, and its not like theres 3 Animals wich look all the same. I thought of CollectA again, but hm hm hm. I don't know. Smaller than the CollectA would be a bit besser, i guess.

Or Maybe someone has a 3D Printer and there are Blueprints of Hadrosaurs and someone is willing to tell me how much it would cost to Print lets say 3 to 4 small Animals.

But yes, here you go.

Martwad

Absolutely incredible.  You are quite talented.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Honestly this diocta of Collecta's tyrannosaurus repainted standard version is magnificent. You honestly have art, it's awesome looks like a resin figure.

Justin_

The base is great and so is the painting of the T Rex. I think the only thing letting it down for me is the Rex's open mouth. If it's articulated I would close it. It doesn't look as if it is hunting and about to make a kill. It looks more as if it has eaten too much chilli and is trying to find some water!

Killekor

I actually really like the new paint scheme of the Tyrannosaurus, and the diorama is wonderful! It's impressive how realistic it is, and you've made it masterfully.
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to see your next works!

Killekor

P.S. the idea of using LEGO bricks as structure for the sculpt is simply genius!
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Kapitaenosavrvs

Sorry for the late Reply.

Thank you all for the nice Words.

avatar_Justin_ @Justin_ Yes, i prefer Theropods with closed mouths aswell. Sadly, this CollectA Rex does not have an articulated Jaw. Which ich prefer in General, but its okay.

Right now i have a Base for the EoFauna Giga in the making. I chose it quite big, so it will take a littlebit more Time.
I wanted to create a Scene mit taller Trees, but i'm moving this Month and this could get a little tricky with Transportation. The Giga will be left with its normal Colouration, since i like it and it feels good for the chosen Enviroment.

Have a nice Weekend.

Sarapaurolophus

I really love all those details, especially on the rock/stone portion of the base. I also spy Tedi pebbles in the background ;D I just stocked up on those.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on March 10, 2020, 07:45:30 PM
I really love all those details, especially on the rock/stone portion of the base. I also spy Tedi pebbles in the background ;D I just stocked up on those.

Thank you :) Yes, haha. Tedi (1€ Store, for you outside Germany) is a horrible Store, but they have a lot of cheap decoration stuff, you can use. Especially, when its winter and its not the best Time to gather natural stuff outside. The faux Plants are from tedi aswell. 99 cents. A steal if you want to try out this stuff.

Stegotyranno420

Honeslty it looks like a cross between a Turkic/Merkit nomad, Barney in a panic, and a t rex

Still super cool

Jose S.M.

The Tyrannosaurus diorama is excellent, beautiful base and great paintjob on the figure!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you very much for your kind words :)

Today i did something on the Base for the Giganotosaurus from EoFauna.
It was some Kind of test. It is way too big. I really would like to focus on smaller Figures the next Time. I thought about the PNSO Minis.

This one still isn't finished. Needs detailing here and there aswell as a Frame. I made this with Stuff i found at my Place, so the Baseplate is way too thin and warped.

SidB

The diorama/base is wonderful. Despite the warping because of the thinness, I don't think that you have to scrap it. Why not mount it inside of a horizontal picture frame, for example?

I think that your re-painted rex is a big improvement on the original.

Shonisaurus

The diorama is lush. By the way, will you repaint the Eofauna giganotosaurus?

Smilodon P.

Sarapaurolophus

Another great one! You make these plants look amazing. Did you get these little fern types from Tedi, too? avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you for your nice Comments. :)

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus Hehe, the Ferns are from "Idee!", this overpriced Hobbystore. But it was 4 Euros for a big(!) bush of Ferns. I just cut them apart and used Hotglue to build smaller Fernbushes.

Yesterday and today i build a Frame with stuff from my Neighbors. They had Stuff, they dont use anymore and i build a Frame out of it and closed the gaps from freehandcutting with Greenstuff (2k Putty). And painted it of course.

Moreover i made another Tree. It felt too empty. I hope you like it and have a nice Weekend. Stay Healthy.

Sorry, the Pictures aren't that good. Too much light, but yeah.

Oh, and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus : No, i think i will leave the Giga as it is. I kind of like this simple Coloursheme in combination with a Forrestsetting. But maybe i'll have a Second one in the Future and will reposition it a bit and make it a bit more vibrant, i guess.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.