News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Updated T. rex skull - W.I.P.

Started by Dinoreplicas, April 02, 2018, 01:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

You are very skilled. Thanks for sharing this project with us!

Lone Trike

It was definitely worth the effort! Thanks for taking us with you on this journey! I can´t wait to see the first pictures of the prints.

I can totally relate to your feelings about blogging and updating about your project! It takes more time, than you would think! Even though it seems like it´s just uploading a couple of pictures or screenshots and writing a few sentences about it. I needed some time out from this as well :)

model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 29, 2018, 10:33:05 PMYou are very skilled. Thanks for sharing this project with us!
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for providing a great forum.

Quote from: Lone Trike on August 08, 2018, 10:27:54 AMI can totally relate to your feelings about blogging and updating about your project! It takes more time, than you would think! Even though it seems like it´s just uploading a couple of pictures or screenshots and writing a few sentences about it. I needed some time out from this as well :)
I don't regret doing it but next time I'll ease back on the fine-grained process details and be more intermittent with updates. All those little GIF animations were a bit over-the-top in hindsight but I still had fun doing them ;D.

Dinoreplicas

Wahey! following a busy summer, my photographer friend has a little spare time, so I should be having the rex models photographed this week.
I didn't want to put the models on Shapeways until I had some photos but in the meantime I've been messing about with some 3D renders in the style of a stand mounted model.

I don't think we'll be able to match the same lighting in the studio but the photos will be done blue-screen (or green-screen) so I'm hoping to drop in the same red background.

Halichoeres

That looks fantastic, congratulations!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bombyx

Wow amazing! Those renders are absolutly gorgeous!!! I really like the idea of the tranlucent red base too.

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 18, 2018, 07:12:00 PMThat looks fantastic, congratulations!

Thanks, glad you like them.
I overdid the bloom on a couple of them (might fix them later) but overall I'm pretty happy with how they came out.

Quote from: Bombyx on September 20, 2018, 03:31:54 PMWow amazing! Those renders are absolutly gorgeous!!! I really like the idea of the tranlucent red base too.

Cheers! The 3D printed models are mounted on a perspex base, not red-tinted but otherwise they look fairly similar to the renders.
I've just returned from Mushroom Imaging studios so the photos should be ready soon.

Dinoreplicas

Had some inquiries about my models so updating this W.I.P. thread to point at-

Finished T. rex models link here

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.