You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Aliciaraptor's Little Collection - new model reccomendations welcome!

Started by Raptoress, December 06, 2013, 10:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptoress

Don't laugh, but here's my little collection at the moment. I know it's not a massive collection, but I only started collecting very recently. If you have any recommendations on new models to add to my collection, please do feel free to suggest them! Also please state why you like them, too. :)

I know, the horror... I like SCHLEICH. Dun dun dun! But in all seriousness now, I am not interested in hearing people rant on how 'horrible' they are. I know they're inaccurate. But quite honestly, I don't care. I like them anyway. If you don't like them, no problem. We're all allowed our opinions. Just no arguments, please.

Raptoress

Please forgive me for being a n00b. Not quite sure how to attach photos to threads.

Megalosaurus

Hi Alicia.

You have copied the link that says HTML, please copy the link that says IMG.

I like Schleich as well, but i do like the original Replicasaurus. Most of the models of World of History are shrinked down versions.

If you become a Schleich lover get these:

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Don't worry about liking Schleich, you'll grow out of it soon enough if you stick around here.  ;D

And there are some good Schleich figures too, mostly older ones, from the days Schleich still dared to take a risk and produce little know species. Their upcoming Anchiceratops is at least a step in the right direction.

Otherwise, fine start!  :)

tyrantqueen

QuoteDon't laugh, but here's my little collection at the moment. I know it's not a massive collection, but I only started collecting very recently. If you have any recommendations on new models to add to my collection, please do feel free to suggest them! Also please state why you like them, too.

It's really hard to make a recommendation, because I think it's up to the individual collector to decide whether they like a model or not ;)

Some Safaris are good. I prefer the older ones, when they were using a different sculptor. The Safari Velociraptor is very inaccurate, but it's very nicely sculpted.

The pterosaur set is also very good

Nigersaurus

Brachiosaurus

And also, have you considered some of the newer Carnegies? The Carnotaurus, Miragaia, Giganotosaurus, and Camarasaurus are all great.

Raptoress

Quote from: Roselaar on December 06, 2013, 11:05:46 PM
Don't worry about liking Schleich, you'll grow out of it soon enough if you stick around here.  ;D

And there are some good Schleich figures too, mostly older ones, from the days Schleich still dared to take a risk and produce little know species. Their upcoming Anchiceratops is at least a step in the right direction.

Lol thank you but I don't think I quite see it as something to 'grow out off'. ;) I had no idea they were producing an Anchiceratops. You're not by any chance confused with their upcoming Pentaceratops? (I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see more obscure ceratopsians!) I do agree they should take more risks, though.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on December 07, 2013, 11:40:14 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 06, 2013, 11:05:46 PM

Lol thank you but I don't think I quite see it as something to 'grow out off'. ;) I had no idea they were producing an Anchiceratops. You're not by any chance confused with their upcoming Pentaceratops? (I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see more obscure ceratopsians!) I do agree they should take more risks, though.
I don't know where the Anchiceratops came from either- I thought it was a Pentaceratops as well.

It matches more with the Penta skull than anything else.

Even Everything Dinosaur called it a Pentaceratops.

Roselaar

Oops, I got my Ceratopsians mixed up... The shame, the shame!  :-[

Raptoress

Quote from: Roselaar on December 08, 2013, 12:22:09 PM
Oops, I got my Ceratopsians mixed up... The shame, the shame!  :-[

Haha don't worry about it. In all fairness they both look pretty similar. :) I'm sure you're not the only one to get a species mixed up.

Raptoress

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 06, 2013, 11:29:49 PM
QuoteDon't laugh, but here's my little collection at the moment. I know it's not a massive collection, but I only started collecting very recently. If you have any recommendations on new models to add to my collection, please do feel free to suggest them! Also please state why you like them, too.

It's really hard to make a recommendation, because I think it's up to the individual collector to decide whether they like a model or not ;)

Some Safaris are good. I prefer the older ones, when they were using a different sculptor. The Safari Velociraptor is very inaccurate, but it's very nicely sculpted.

The pterosaur set is also very good

Nigersaurus

Brachiosaurus

And also, have you considered some of the newer Carnegies? The Carnotaurus, Miragaia, Giganotosaurus, and Camarasaurus are all great.

Those models are all beautiful. The velociraptor certainly is inaccurate, but as I always say, I prefer aesthetic quality over accuracy. It looks very well detailed. I have to say, that the Nigersaurus is also stunning. I'll definitely be adding that one to my collection. Thank you for your recommendations. Also the only Carnegies I've seen that you've mentioned are the Carnotaurus and Giganotosaurus. The Carnotaurus looks very well sculpted, I'm not too keen on that bit of red paint towards the snout, though. But that probably won't bother me when I actually see it in real life. And the Giganotosaurus is my favourite of the Carnegies. I just love the colour scheme. I'll be having a look at the others you've mentioned now.

Also, can I ask what are the materials like for the Safari and Carnegie figures? Are they sort of like a hard rubbery texture or are they like the hard plastic of Papo's models?

Raptoress

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 06, 2013, 10:46:16 PM
Hi Alicia.

You have copied the link that says HTML, please copy the link that says IMG.

I like Schleich as well, but i do like the original Replicasaurus. Most of the models of World of History are shrinked down versions.

If you become a Schleich lover get these:

Wow. Thanks for sharing those I didn't even know they existed! Except the Saichania and Apatosaurus. Are those two from the same mold as the newer ones but with a different paint job? They look identical. But awesome of course.

I really like the looks of these models you've posted. Especially the Saltasaurus. Shame Schleich doesn't make these anymore! Never would've thought Schleich would produce something as obscure as a Desmatosuchus.

tyrantqueen

QuoteAlso, can I ask what are the materials like for the Safari and Carnegie figures? Are they sort of like a hard rubbery texture or are they like the hard plastic of Papo's models?
I'd say they have a very slight rubbery feel to them (with the exception of the Brachio, which feels solid), but it's not like a Bullyland or similar model. There's a bit of "flex" to the model, but other than that, they're quite solid.

I'm thinking the slightly flexible nature of the plastic was probably a conscious decision on the part of the manufacturers, so that it can withstand rough play from a child (instead of just being brittle and breaking apart, it has some "give" in it, and bounces back)

Or I could just be overanalysing these things as usual >:D

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on December 08, 2013, 02:07:23 PM
[...]
Wow. Thanks for sharing those I didn't even know they existed! Except the Saichania and Apatosaurus. Are those two from the same mold as the newer ones but with a different paint job? They look identical. But awesome of course.
[...]

Nop. Replicasaurus line is a 1:40 scale series but World of History are smaller versions, in this case Saichania is smaller but almost identical, but apatosaurus has more diferences. I really prefer Replicasaurus over World of History. Here you are size comparison pics.

And you can still buy them in dejankins or ebay.

Buy the way, their parasaurolopus is in pair with the Papo one, may be is even better.

There are other good replicas by Schleich. My personal favorite is their Macrauchenia its looks so real in person.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Yes, like Megalosaurus said, World of History features many reused models, which have been increased in scale and given brighter, flashier paintjobs. Some of the models have been given moveable jaws also, à la Papo. I think they're producing completely new sculpts for the line, now, though.

joossa

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 12, 2013, 04:10:52 PM
Buy the way, their parasaurolopus is in pair with the Papo one, may be is even better.

Agreed 100%. It's pretty awesome.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wallnut

Dont worry raptores I like schleich too and its my favorite company because I bought models in the start of my collection but I lost them when I moving here I only left with WOH carno.

Libraraptor

Wow, I think this is the first time I see a nearly seven years old thread being revived! You probably  broke a record, avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR .

Wallnut

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 09, 2020, 05:10:38 PM
Wow, I think this is the first time I see a nearly seven years old thread being revived! You probably  broke a record, avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR .
I just see this post on Google then I saw he/she and somone loves schleich I think you can add schleich ankylo there fantastic figure if you dont picked up one pick up one soon also if I break a record thats my first record on forum.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.