You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 sauropodomorphs would you like Safari to make?

Started by Sim, December 14, 2020, 08:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose up to five sauropodomorphs you'd like Safari to make

Agustinia
2 (4.5%)
Alamosaurus
14 (31.8%)
Ampelosaurus
4 (9.1%)
Anchisaurus
8 (18.2%)
Argentinosaurus
12 (27.3%)
Astrodon
3 (6.8%)
Bajadasaurus
5 (11.4%)
Barosaurus
11 (25%)
Brachiosaurus new version
6 (13.6%)
Brontosaurus
8 (18.2%)
Dreadnoughtus
10 (22.7%)
Eoraptor
8 (18.2%)
Europasaurus
13 (29.5%)
Giraffatitan
13 (29.5%)
Haplocanthosaurus
4 (9.1%)
Lessemsaurus
2 (4.5%)
Lingwulong
5 (11.4%)
Massospondylus
13 (29.5%)
Melanorosaurus
5 (11.4%)
Nigersaurus new version
3 (6.8%)
Patagotitan
7 (15.9%)
Plateosaurus
21 (47.7%)
Riojasaurus
9 (20.5%)
Saltasaurus
8 (18.2%)
Supersaurus
4 (9.1%)
Turiasaurus
11 (25%)
Vulcanodon
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Sim

Vote for up to five sauropodomorphs you'd most like Safari to make!

suspsy

Alamosaurus, Europsaurus, Haplocanthosaurus, Riojasaurus, and Turiasaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Out of all of these choices, Plateosaurus is the one I want the most. I don't think Safari would make two or more sauropodomorphs in one year, but we'll see.

triceratops83

I just want Alamosaurus and Brontosaurus, both in 1:35 scale to go with my Safari Cretaceous and Jurassic displays.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Faelrin

I really hope to see Eoraptor done quite possibly the most of these. It is one of the most complete dinosaurs from the Triassic period, and still one of the earliest definitive dinosaurs we know about. I was also transfixed with it when I first learned about it playing Jurassic Park III Park Builder on my Gameboy Advance back when I was like 10 or 11.

I too would also like to see Plateosaurus but as it was in the Carnegie Collection and possibly the most popular (?) sauropodomorph I expect it to be remade at some point thus I gave my votes to Dreadnoughtus (one of the most complete titanosaurs), Giraffatitan (while the name Brachiosaurus is more familiar, it is also less complete in comparison to this one that was once considered a species of such. W-Dragon's is nice but it would be nice for a more affordable take on the market), Massospondylus (another sauropodomorph with relatively complete remains), in addition to Eoraptor. Seeing Plateosaurus as high as it is already I don't think it particularly needed my help by voting for it as well, which I am glad to see.

Edit: I also voted for Lingwulong. Relatively complete and recently discovered. Though I wonder if it is more likely for PNSO to give this one a go.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

My choices for sauropodomorphs are as follows.

Barosaurus
Dreadnoughtus
Massospondylus
Patagotitan
Turiasaurus

My choices as always are almost impossible and are based on extremely exotic and extremely rare dinosaurs on the toy dinosaur market. In fact I don't think there are many figures (if any) of any of those species of sauropodomorphs.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I nearly voted for Barosaurus because its a childhood fave that has never had any figures but decided that Morrison Formation sauropods are not exactly lacking in general but it would be my 6th choice. My 7th would have been Eoraptor fir same reasons others have mentioned.
I voted for Lessemsaurus as I really like that one and I find it interesting eith its clawed hands like old depictions of all sauropods.
I voted for Massospondylus rather than Plateosaurus for 2 reasons, 1 they're more likely to do Plateosaurus anyway and 2 I have finally managed to acquire the Carnegie Plateosaurus which us a lovely  figure, whereas the CollectA Massospondylus rather leaves much to be desired.
I voted for Lingwulong for the same reason mentioned above by avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin
I voted also for Europasaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, CollectA hasn't made a Massospondylus.  Perhaps you're thinking of their Lufengosaurus?

Libraraptor

Europasaurus. Vulcanodon. Massospondylus. Anchisaurus. Argentinosaurus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sim on December 15, 2020, 05:16:16 PM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, CollectA hasn't made a Massospondylus.  Perhaps you're thinking of their Lufengosaurus?
ah yes my mistake, all the more reason to have a Massospondylus
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

I'm pleasantly surprised by the strong showing for Massospondylus! Generally speaking there seems to be an appetite for 'prosauropods,' which is great. I voted for several, as well as Barosaurus, which just never gets made.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sarapaurolophus

Would be really into a little Europasaurus for the novelty factor, Bajada since we've only seen CollectA's take on it so far (when it comes to mainstream toylines), and Agustinia since the species has changed a lot in look during the past years.

Patrx

My dream sauropodomorph toy is a fairly large-scale Eoraptor. It's doing better in the poll than I expected! :D

Sim

I voted for:

Eoraptor - An interesting little dinosaur that has no figure.

Europasaurus - It's cute.  I'd like to have a figure of this little sauropod.

Plateosaurus - There still isn't a figure that does it justice, and I'd really like a figure that does.

Riojasaurus - If not Plateosaurus, then a bipedal figure of Riojasaurus would be great.

John

Anchisaurus,Europasaurus,Giraffatitan,Plateosaurus & Riojasaurus :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SidB

Plateosurus was the very first dinosaur figure that I got, right out of a Kelloggs cereal box. I can almost remember the delight in holding it and turning it over in my hand. I suspect that it was either a knock-off or licensed repro of the Marx version. There have been a few produced since then, but, like avatar_Sim @Sim , I'm still waiting for the definitive version. Safari could do it.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.