You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Imaginext Ammonite | Need help IDing a species.

Started by Paleo & Fish Collector, December 22, 2020, 10:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo & Fish Collector

I ended up with this Fisher Price Imaginext ammonite. Obviously it's hard to pinpoint a species because it's just a generic ammonite toy, but I was wondering if you guys wanted to assign it a species. It looks like a Paleozoic or Triassic ammonite to me.

stargatedalek

It's a nautilus, not an ammonite. It's from a sea life series they did a good while (~8 years) ago.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 22, 2020, 11:18:57 PM
It's a nautilus, not an ammonite. It's from a sea life series they did a good while (~8 years) ago.

Even if they intended for it to be a nautilus, it doesn't really look like one. Not one that's extant, anyways.

Halichoeres

With the caveat that I am basing this on no evidence and choosing a name arbitrarily, you could call it Goniatites bohemicus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 24, 2020, 05:29:13 PM
With the caveat that I am basing this on no evidence and choosing a name arbitrarily, you could call it Goniatites bohemicus

It looks quite a bit like one, I like that ID.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.