You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What are your favorite T-Rex figures?

Started by Lynx, February 15, 2021, 05:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I have different favorites for different collecting niches.

Favorite pop culture rex is easily Nanmu's Alpha Tyrannosaurus, possibly soon to be dethroned by their upcoming bull.

Favorite updated scientific model is a tricky one. I think the original Battat rex is still one of the best offerings despite its age. It's got good bulk, subtle details, and everything else you'd expect from a rex figure. The color scheme is a bit too simplistic and gaudy for my taste though, and the pubic boot is still quite visible. The latest carnegie offering is in a similar vein, with some good heft and subtle details, but the pose is a bit awkward and the boot still present. I still love the 2017 Safari Ltd. feathered rex even if it's not entirely in vogue. Still, it's probably the best thing Safari has done in recent memory and easily the best feathered rex that out there. Then of course there's Winter Wilson. This one has all the right bulk of the predecessors, but the details are a bit overdone (lovely as they may be) and the paint job just feels generic. So I guess I like all four of those figures for different reasons.

I am holding out for EoFauna to come through and deliver something in the vein of Blue Rhino Studios' sculpture of Sue. Even with all the near success models I already have, that is 100% what I want to see on a rex figure. I would love to see something like that with a paint scheme similar to the original PNSO Wilson. I'm a total sucker for warm tones on dinosaurs!

Over9K

For many years my favorite T.rex toy/model was the Kaiyodo DinoLand "Bellowing Female" Tyrannosaurus rex...

Recently that has been surpassed by the PNSO "Winter Wilson"...

For the popculture aspect of T.rex, my favorite toy/model is definitely the Nanmu "Alpha", but that will likely be surpassed by Nanmu's up coming Buck rex.

Dinoguy2

My all-time favorite sculpt is still the v1 Battat. Shame the balance is so messed up.

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SidB

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 08, 2021, 11:38:45 PM
My all-time favorite sculpt is still the v1 Battat. Shame the balance is so messed up.

Yes, it's still the king, still maintaining its balance on the throne, if not on the table! Unfortunately the identical v. 2 with snowshoes solved nothing. Oh well, still the best. Versions 1 &2 are the most expensive figures that I've ever purchased, the only two figures over $100 apiece, but no regrets.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SidB on March 09, 2021, 03:58:50 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 08, 2021, 11:38:45 PM

Yes, it's still the king, still maintaining its balance on the throne, if not on the table! Unfortunately the identical v. 2 with snowshoes solved nothing. Oh well, still the best. Versions 1 &2 are the most expensive figures that I've ever purchased, the only two figures over $100 apiece, but no regrets.

Wow. Definitely worth it IMO, but between this and the Invicta Lambeosaurus I feel very lucky to have started my "serious" collecting in the early 90s!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.