You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What are your favorite T-Rex figures?

Started by Lynx, February 15, 2021, 05:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

There are many T-rex figures out there, so i decided to start a thread and see what figures people like the most. It can also be a place to discuss certain rex figures.
My favorite T-rex figures are the Kaiyodo feathered Trex, Winter Wilson, and the CollectA "limited edition" feathered T-rex.
An oversized house cat.

BlueKrono

The only ones I've ever taken a shining to were the Imperial and Dor Mei rexes from my childhood.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

I would be surprised if this thread does not already exist. If not, great idea Lynx!

A childhood favorite of mine was Carnegie's 1998 Tyrannosaurus. I no longer have this figure, but I will one day purchase it again.

Probably my current favorite is PNSO's new Wilson, followed by Doug Watson's/Safari's Feathered Rex.

A few honorable mentions include CollectA's Hunting Feathered rex and CollectA's Tyrannosaurus with Struthiomimus prey, which I would say is heavily under appreciated.

BOTM's Tyrannosaurus is soon to be on its way, so a lot of opinions could change by then.

Stegotyranno420

Ones i have:Mojo T rexes and this one bootleg i repainted
Overall:Winter WIlson, safari 2017.

stargatedalek

I will probably get called a hypocrite for this, but Mattel's Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus is my favourite by something of a margin.

Scale plays a big part in that, but I also don't think there is yet an accurate Tyrannosaurus that I am completely sold on, the 2017 Wild Safari still leading in that category.

Gwangi

Battat, Invicta, Kenner red rex, Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum scaly T. rex, Sega Dinosaur King T. rex (the big one). I still need to get the Safari feathered rex, and the Kaiyodo sofubi rex and then they'll likely make the list as well. Still not sure how I feel about Winter Wilson.

Lanthanotus

Now that`s a hard one.... in fact I have no T. rex on display at the moment, just two in works...
Last time I had the species on display it was Safari`s Feathered one and Schleich`s 2018 "Ely Kish" style.
No T. rex model as of yet cuts it for me in a way I`d like to display it as it is indefinetly, I guess that`s because
the species is so overrepresented and often copied rather than improved or updated to depict a real animal. As a kid
I loved to play with the Bullyland Mini Dinos Rex... and for the near future, my work on the Rebor G'n'G will do the trick.
Will it be my favorite? Probably, at least for a while..... but I hope for a representation that convices me once. That will
take a while though I guess, but I know what my favorite Rexy will be until then..... Rebor`s Charles Knight "Allo" Rex.

SidB

My BIG THREE in order are: 1) Battat, versions 1 / 2 (identical except for snowshoes on the second version);  2) PNSO 'Winter Wilson'; 3) Wild Safari Feathered T-rex.

Faelrin

Currently I like the 2017 Safari Ltd and Battat Terra ones in my collection the most. Maybe the 2020 repaint of the Mattel EC T. rex too as far as the JW ones I have go.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

Above all others, the original Battat Tyrannosaurus.

I would also say the previous Safari tyrannosaurus that came out in 2011. It's often overlooked in favor of their latest iteration of the animal, but it was my definitive tyrannosaurus prior to acquiring Battat's.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

JohannesB

I appreciate certain aesthetics as least as much as scientific accuracy (which also changed over time). They all have their issues/flaws, but my favorites would be the Invicta, the late 2020 PNSO, and the Safari feathered T. rex (if only it would not have feathers..)

SRF

Alltough I have quite some T. Rexes in my collection, this question is actually really easy to answer. Winter Wilson is my favorite T. Rex and it's not even close.

I do want to give an honorable mention to the Safari Feathered T. Rex, I really like that model as well and I remember being very excited when I got it in hand for the first time. But ever since we know that T. Rex wasn't as feathered as portrayed by Safari, I longed for a chunky and scaly T. Rex. PNSO really has delivered the Rex I wanted for quite some time.

I've purchased some other T. Rexes after the Safari Feathered Rex, like the old Wilson (the first version) the Collecta partial feathered Rex and the Rebor Killer Queen. None of these figures gave me the same excitement unboxing them as the Safari Rex, until I've unpackaged Winter Wilson.

I don't think we'll see a better T. Rex in the near future, so I can finally focus on collecting other species. ;D
But today, I'm just being father

Newt

"Planet Queen" has some great guitar figures in it. Same for "The Slide."

Wait, you guys are talking about the other kind of figures, and the other kind of T. Rex... :-[  In that case, I'd say my favorite is probably the feathered Safari offering. I'm no connoisseur, though; I'm one of those who's a bit tired of the King's despotism over dinosaur pop culture, so I don't pay very much attention to figures of this species.

Stegotyranno420

You realize, there arent a figures of Tyrannasorus rex, or T.rex
Heres a page to learn more about this obscure animal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannasorus_rex

Subduction

I sound like a broken record but my favorites are the 2020 "Wilson" PNSO and 2017 feathered Safari figures. As much as I love the feathered version, I wouldn't mind if Safari made a nearly/completely featherless version, especially at that scale and quality. I have really high hopes for the Beasts of the Mesozoic T-rex figures too.

Lynx

I forgot to add that I feel that the CollectA T-rex with prey is quite an underrated figure and looks really nice if you give it a little repaint.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

This is like asking me my favorite child--I dislike them all equally!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 16, 2021, 04:18:01 PM
You realize, there arent a figures of Tyrannasorus rex, or T.rex
Heres a page to learn more about this obscure animal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannasorus_rex
Nice find. I had no idea there was a prehistoric beetle with such a similar name to the tyrant lizard king. And you're right because prehistoric insects and non-trilobite (though even those could use more figures considering how many genera exist and have no figures yet) arthropods in general are pretty neglected, so I would be very surprised to learn that if a figure of this exists.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Subduction on February 16, 2021, 04:55:18 PM
I sound like a broken record but my favorites are the 2020 "Wilson" PNSO and 2017 feathered Safari figures. As much as I love the feathered version, I wouldn't mind if Safari made a nearly/completely featherless version, especially at that scale and quality. I have really high hopes for the Beasts of the Mesozoic T-rex figures too.
At the risk of sounding like the proverbial broken record, I'd really like to see Doug Watson do a reprise of his Wild Safari feathered T- rex, but this time without the feathers, or at least with only a few strategically placed ones.

Wallnut

Mine is the battat terra one or the 2014 carnegie version  I have the winter wilson and the original PNSO rex they are pretty nice too.

other ones I have
safari 2017
safari 2011
Schleich 2018
Schleich 2019 juvenile
Papo brown standing
1999 carnegie rex
1993 carnegie rex

huh I have a lot of rexes I never tough I had this much.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: