News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HIROKAZU TOKUGAWA'S Paleo Sculptures

Started by Flaffy, March 31, 2021, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Does anyone know if Hirokazu Tokugawa still sells his models? I've been eyeing his miniature Drepanaspis netsuke model for quite a while now, but have just recently noticed that the links to his store are defunct.

I recall he was also selling a Drepanosaurus, Henodus and Gerrothorax in the same style, along with a few high-end finished resin kits like Cephalaspis.

Link to his blog: http://a-fragi.blogspot.com/2010/01/drepanaspis.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

Used to see him post on facebook here and there. I've never really seen one of his pieces for sale that i could actually get, but I love his work.

Halichoeres

He speaks good English and is responsive to email. That's how I got the Drepanosaurus and Gerrothorax. I wish Favorite would sell all his sculpts in plastic.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BrontoScorpio

Have you tried e-mailing him in This shop link ?
I see there also a picture of your Drepanaspis for 2500Y :

And, of course there are all the books with pictures of his works ( 徳川広和  本).
For exanple :

I see he currently has one model on sale on YAJ :
An Archeolon under the brand of Endorphin (えんどるふぃん) :

Flaffy

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 02, 2021, 11:17:58 PM
Have you tried e-mailing him in This shop link ?
I see there also a picture of your Drepanaspis for 2500Y :

Thanks for the shop link! Going to try picking up one or two of these if they're still available! ;D Was originally worried about the language barrier complicating things significantly, but from avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres 's experience, I'm glad to hear that it won't be as big a barrier as I previously thought. Will definitely try emailing him in the near future.

It's a real shame Favorite had seemed to have drop the ball recently in the prehistoric department. Was looking forward to see them expanding their Paleozoic line. A box set of miniature prehistoric fish similar to what they did with the Cambrian biota would be spectacular.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Following the link BrontoScorpio kindly provided, his purchasable(?) works are listed there.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.