News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NECA King Kong

Started by dragon53, June 11, 2020, 06:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gwangi on February 07, 2021, 06:34:50 PM
I saw the King Kong at my local Target but passed on it, now I wish I hadn't. Hopefully they'll do the T. rex and Stegosaurus too at some point. The Pteranodon looks off, not sure how much I like that one.

Shortly after I posted that I saw the original post was from June. The Kong figure is out of stock locally and they now want $54 bucks plus shipping on Amazon.ca. Maybe I'll just sculpt my own once I retire.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 07, 2021, 06:43:48 PM
I saw the King Kong at my local Target but passed on it, now I wish I hadn't. Hopefully they'll do the T. rex and Stegosaurus too at some point. The Pteranodon looks off, not sure how much I like that one.

Shortly after I posted that I saw the original post was from June. The Kong figure is out of stock locally and they now want $54 bucks plus shipping on Amazon.ca. Maybe I'll just sculpt my own once I retire.  :-\

I'm not super "up" on Kong, never was my favorite monster, disliked him killing dinosaurs ;)   I've seen a couple Kong's turn up at walmart, one had six of them. If you need one and can't find it elsewhere I'd be happy to help.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2021, 07:45:00 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on February 07, 2021, 06:43:48 PM

I'm not super "up" on Kong, never was my favorite monster, disliked him killing dinosaurs ;)   I've seen a couple Kong's turn up at walmart, one had six of them. If you need one and can't find it elsewhere I'd be happy to help.
Thanks for the offer I'll let you know, we have a local shop that lists it as out of stock if our lock down ever ends I'll see if they can get it in, to save on shipping and the exchange. The more I think about it I may just add sculpting a Kong myself to my really long retirement project list. I grew up on the old Kong and still love him, I cried when I saw him die in the original.

sauroid

that two-legged reptilian monster looks like the precursor of the skull island Skullcrawler. thanks for the links D @dragon53
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

dragon53

SAUROID:

The two-legged dinosaur might be the one that climbed out of the ravine and attacked Bruce Cabot (see video at 2: 23 elapsed time).

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNv-pE8I_c

sauroid

yes i meant that creature design could have inspired the modern Skullcrawler  :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Loon on June 11, 2020, 06:31:17 AM
Not to be overly negative, but I really don't care for this thing. Why not just make the original? Also, knowing NECA, quality control's going to be trash.
The original is owned by Universal. Kong as a character is public domain.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

I think director Jordan Vogh-Roberts has openly confirmed that the two-legged lizard from the original served as the basis for the Skullcrawlers - which is a pretty cool upgrade for such an obscure character.

I did happen to pick up a Kong of my own recently; he's a great figure, with lots of flexibility. Mind you, a hair dryer treatment is recommended at first to soften up the figure, and even then some joints will need a little working; but once that's all done there's a lot you can do with the figure.
Right now I have Kong posing around on my headboard - where he's chosen to start harassing Essien.

Leave good spino boi alone, you naughty ape!

sauroid

ah that's cool. i have never read any of his interviews regarding that.

Giganotosaurus

I got my Neca Kong, now I am hoping for a Neca T Rex! Please make it so!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Fembrogon

An articulated figure of the 1933 O'Brien/Delgado rex would be very cool indeed. Honestly, besides the one X-Plus figure, have there been ANY toys/figures of that design??

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fembrogon

Hmmm... Is it enough to warrant a rebuy? The other new bits seem nice too...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.